WTB spring compressor

Hoghead

I need a spring compressor for bike shocks and all I can find in CM are car ones that are too large

Does anyone have one I can use or can point me where to buy one?

Hoghead said:
I need a spring compressor for bike shocks and all I can find in CM are car ones that are too large

Does anyone have one I can use or can point me where to buy one?

Have you tried Nan Screw ?

If you cannot find something suitable you may be able to make one using a C-clamp.

What type of bike are you working on??

Cheers,
Hasse

Rob - put your wallet on it?

Hassman said:
If you cannot find something suitable you may be able to make one using a C-clamp.

What type of bike are you working on??

Cheers,
Hasse

that made me laugh out loud

I am fitting a R-1 shock to my Versys, and had a custom rate spring made by Cannon Racecraft in the USA. Got the old Yamaha spring off using brute force but the new spring is stiffer and nicely powdercoated. Nana Screw has car compressors but too large for a bike.
I have been thinking of making one but it would be so much easier if I could buy a bike specific one.

Next application is to respring my Harley as the Progressive springs I have now could be a bit better with a constant rate more suited to my weight.

If you need a quick and easy way of getting it done without fancy or expensive tools? Try a series of hose clamps between the coils. I used this method on my 1961 Corvette when rebuilt the front end.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Bike Talk 2
H Bike Talk 3
H Bike Talk 17
Back
Top Bottom