WE NEED YOUR PHOTOS

2wheels

Community Manager
Bikes
ROYAL ENFIELD CLASSIC
As mentioned earlier, we are improving the appearance and content of Ride Asia.
One of our tasks is to improve the Home Page.
To that end we are wanting to display a collection of photos which represent riding in Asia (and/or any international rides you have done).
We invite you to submit a selection of photos from your ride reports for Administrator Bob to use in our Home Page.

Just post them here in this thread and Bob will be able to use a selection of what comes in.

Thank you.

(I'll get the ball rolling with some pics from Thailand, Laos and Burma/Myanmar)

attachment-1.jpeg

attachment-2.jpeg

attachment-3.jpeg

attachment-4.jpeg

attachment-5.jpeg

attachment-6.jpeg

attachment-7.jpeg

attachment-8.jpeg

attachment-9.jpeg

attachment-10.jpeg

attachment-11.jpeg

attachment-12.jpeg

attachment-13.jpeg

attachment.jpeg

OK, over to you now.

Shit I only have 20.000 pictures lol
Would you like a selection of ones from China.
So I post the correct ones.
What is needed .... is it best to have a bike in the pictures or just some good scenic pictures?

Steve

Steve can be anything motorcycle travel related in Asia.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thanks guy's for your pictures so far, i will leave it open for another week for more pictures, then start posting them on the homepage

As mentioned earlier, we are improving the appearance and content of Ride Asia.
One of our tasks is to improve the Home Page.

Before we jump to any tasks that might not be relevant, we need to ask ourself:
What is Ride Asia? Is Ride Asia the forum or is Ride Asia something PLUS the forum?

If Ride Asia IS the forum, than let the forum be the home page.

If the RA forum is just a part of a bigger Ride Asia entity, than the home page should reflect that entire entity.
And in that case the home page should not just be a collage of pictures by forum members, but it should reflect that bigger RA scope?!

Before we jump to any tasks that might not be relevant, we need to ask ourself:
What is Ride Asia? Is Ride Asia the forum or is Ride Asia something PLUS the forum?

If Ride Asia IS the forum, than let the forum be the home page.

If the RA forum is just a part of a bigger Ride Asia entity, than the home page should reflect that entire entity.
And in that case the home page should not just be a collage of pictures by forum members, but it should reflect that bigger RA scope?!

Wow i guess that means your not supplying any pictures Marcel :sipping we are not trying to split the atom here, just thought it was a good idea to ask the forum members to offer some pictures for the front end of the forum.

Wow i guess that means your not supplying any pictures Marcel :sipping we are not trying to split the atom here, just thought it was a good idea to ask the forum members to offer some pictures for the front end of the forum.

Good idea IMO Bob.

Well I spent shit loads of time mate on this, but please remember I am in that land of the Great Firewall
So youtube is a NO NO ok.

See what you can do with the linked video, but I do have 3 more, so let's see what happens and if some of the pictures are useful.

steve

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzU2OTU0NDc2OA==.html?spm=a2h3j.8428770.3416059.1

Part 2

[video]http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzU2OTU1NDE3Mg==.html?spm=a2h0j.11185381.listi tem_page1.5~A[/video]

The home page has had a bit of a face lift, thanks to all for you pictures i have done my best to include most of them, hope you like it.

http://www.rideasia.net/

Screenshot 2018-05-04 17.19.14.jpg

The Faces of Asia.

Yes the new front page looks interesting now, called "The Faces of Asia"

Thanks for posting Bob.

If I may suggest, it does not take long to put together this type of picture video presentations.
Maybe have another called "The views of Asia".

And change it every few months or so?

Tha hard parts as you found out was getting all the pictures you needed to make such a good picture video.
So maybe as new picture are posted on RA which is stunning, just save them to a file on your PC Bob?

I've always liked this photo of Bob and some other bloke

00bb1a-X3.jpg

This one - of BignTall's helmet on a soldier at Pol Pot's house is great - but maybe a bit blurry. I'm sure we have more from there

newfriendsatpolpothouse-X2.jpg

Elephant photos are good

znewele2-X3.jpg

Worth getting some Indo in

foggyvolcano-X3.jpg

317df-X4.jpg

borobudur1-X4.jpg

Uncle Ho

uncleho-X3.jpg

Timor Leste

113aa-X2.jpg

P9020477-L-L.jpg

Thanks Ian I will post them up on the homepage, how about some people portraits I'm sure you have loads.

Shall do Bob. I've been going through my ride photos, transferring to Smugmug before Photobucket shut me down.... which is soon. Some good portraits emerging.

A few more.

Vietnam. IIRC they were asking $40 per claw. The next day, one had gone...

DSC_0293aerteratrtrt-X3.jpg

Thailand

320fyuj6y-X3.jpg

354dfhyrfg-X4.jpg

292dtyiytiyt%20-%20Copy-X3.jpg

294sertyurtyy%20-%20Copy-X3.jpg

297srjtuetryt%20-%20Copy-X2.jpg

Some from a refugee camp (Nu Pho)

088ertyewq4y%20-%20Copy-X2.jpg

116stetytey%20-%20Copy-X4.jpg

155ruu6r45u87%20-%20Copy-X3.jpg

066setywety%20-%20Copy-X2.jpg

Timor Leste

DSCN6903a-X2.jpg

078aa-X2.jpg

DSCN7085a-X2.jpg

021asq-X2.jpg

018av-X2.jpg

Vietnam

DSC_0156zdfb-X3.jpg

DSC_0063cvhm-X3.jpg

Indonesia

866sd-X3.jpg

834fb-X3.jpg

040SDAFH-X2.jpg

061VXHFMH-X4.jpg

012FGJHJJJ-X3.jpg

100years-X2.jpg

143ghjkl-X2.jpg

00mumandbub-X3.jpg

139xfsdgdhj-X4.jpg

Malaysia

062fdghshh-X3.jpg

134esrt6t4-X4.jpg

072xcgn645-X2.jpg

Laos

hare-X3.jpg

00ba3-X3.jpg

0g5-X2.jpg

0g14-X3.jpg

akha-X2.jpg

0s2b-X3.jpg

0s2f-X2.jpg

0s2m-X2.jpg

Thanks Ian some nice ones there, not sure about the monkey's and the hooker though [emoji16]

Actually, she's a photographic model... not a hooker. I saw the shoot and snuck one off myself. Hell, I even got in the shoot

077dfhg56-X3.jpg

Not sure we should call Orangutan "monkeys"? Yeah, the one in Timor Leste, definitely a monkey.

The home page has had a bit of a face lift, thanks to all for you pictures i have done my best to include most of them, hope you like it.

Looks better Bob.
Is there a code you can chuck in there to make the photos cycle through on random?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Capss Announcements, Suggestions and Support 18