Photos are not showing

Capss

Bikes
Suzuki RF400R, BMW R1100S, BMW 1200GSA, BMW 800GS, Gas Gas 450F, Honda CRF250X Yamaha XT600E, Honda CB500x
I cannot seem to get my photos on my thread to work! I am using the same site, style, format as all the others! I can see the photos when I go into edit mode, but not in preview or when save the post and its posted
Any help would be appreciated

1684136229885.png

Thanks

Wayne

Last edited by a moderator:
I will take a look in the morning. Your first post in your thread, photos are showing for me

Your Day 2 photos are not showing. As I said, we will check it in the morning

test upload

Attachments

• 0gr1f.jpg
    0gr1f.jpg
    497 KB · Views: 88
test linked

1684109252136.png

Wayne, I can see that you tried to upload 12 photos in your post that didn't work, and only one in the post on this thread.... so that shouldn't be the problem. Is your wifi good where you are? What file size are the photos please? We had an issue a while back due to new larger file sizes for the latest generation of phones, so we paid more to allow an increase. I don't think that should be the problem, but let's check - file size please. Have you changed phone / camera between postings? The more details you can give the better to track it down.

Ian

Ian

The photo I linked to Imgur, as are the rest of the photos on my thread.
No changes on the camera, all taken with my iPhone 12 Pro. Again no changes, I just use the normal phone settings and point and press.
From Imgur you can choose the size of the photos on the thread i.e original, small, medium and large. I have used the large setting on Imgur for some of the other photos on my thread and they worked fine

I will try to add a pic on here also

QObtHw2m.jpg

5sP2GYV.jpg

I can see the photo on preview but as soon as I click save it's gone!! How strange!

I am using ,BBCode
5sP2GYV.jpg
, so it should be fine

Screen shot of Preview

Screenshot 2023-05-15 at 11.25.27.png

I cannot find how big the files are on Imgur. However the photo upload is exactly the same and the previous days photos, the 2 previous posts, on the latest trip.

The photos are working on other forums I use also, with the same format..BBCode

Wayne

Last edited:
Thanks Wayne. Let's see what we can do with that.

Best we've heard is that the file size may be too large. I understand you've got them to load elsewhere though. Can you check the file sizes for us please and let us know. I've just paid for the server space again... and I will check options for larger file sizes with them

Ian

Sorry I am a bit confused. The files are not hosted on your server, I believe. They are hosted on Imgur and the become is the link to the site photo. I could are very wrong though

Anyway the file size for the photos do not show on Imgur, however the file size of the photos I uploaded varies from 8 mb to 20 mb. Whether or not the file size is changed when its uploaded I am not sure

RKWpmkdt.jpg

this photo was 19 mb on my laptop and is showing on Imgur as, Bandwidth: 112.40 MB

The photo showed! It was the smallest thumbnail

OK - thanks. I will check with the guys tomorrow.

I wonder if it is related to the number of photos. Might be worth trying a "Part 2" thread?

RKWpmkdl.jpg

large thumbnail

edit, all showing now..large thumbnail is what I was using in the thread!!!!

How strange, the photos are showing now! I am going to add another part of the thread and see if it works

Thanks Ian

Photos are not showing again on my thread! Short trips on cb500x.
Using imgur and it works on the 2 other travel forums I use, horizons unlimited and GTR so they should work on here! I use the bb code link

Wayne

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
2wheels Announcements, Suggestions and Support 27