Vientiane Watering Holes

mazda.jpg
Not much of a watering hole but worthy of note, yet another new dealership, in Vientiane

Amazing that there still are no 7-11's there, wait till that starts.

I was going pretty fast but I am sure I saw 7-11 in Thakek a few months ago. Maybe just a copy...

I cannot believe how fast this country is progressing. Every trip there's new building sites everywhere. not just vientiane, from odoumxai to Attapeau I saw big projects going on. The Vientiane river front is fantastic, 4 years ago I never saw crowds of Laotians on skateboards, running, cycling etc, I think it has made a great contribution to the lifestyle here.

sidenote: No problem going north across the friendship bridge yesterday. Bikes must be over 150cc.

marcusb - Have you moved to Vientiane now?

I was going pretty fast but I am sure I saw 7-11 in Thakek a few months ago. Maybe just a copy...

I cannot believe how fast this country is progressing. Every trip there's new building sites everywhere. not just vientiane, from odoumxai to Attapeau I saw big projects going on. The Vientiane river front is fantastic, 4 years ago I never saw crowds of Laotians on skateboards, running, cycling etc, I think it has made a great contribution to the lifestyle here.

sidenote: No problem going north across the friendship bridge yesterday. Bikes must be over 150cc.

KTM ^ I'm in Laos now but apparently the school was expecting a higher enrollment.... they rescinded the contract. :( They did set me up with an interview at another school so we will see how things go.

And on topic again, touring around the city yesterday, wow! There is construction everywhere, what a booming place.

Yet at night it still feels like a sleepy little town.

There also is a Udon Thani- Vientiane bus, run by green bus.
I was told you need to have a visa already to get on it, but it passed me a couple of times,6/8 times aday
Way better than local buses
It goes from Udon Thani bus station #1 I believe.
chiang mai overnight VIP 24 seat bus ends at bus station #2
best to book early if you can, I think only 1 company does 24 seater
As usual, dont expect anyone to tell you about these thngs, as the touts still want to make their money wasting your time driving you all around town...

Ban Kai opens in Vientiane

Ban Kai opens with Gala celebration.

Owners Pan and Eric.
Champagne tasty horderves,

what an event, well attended by Fuarks Motocross team, KTMS, Crfs, and Xrs marked the location for the evening.

Pan of Greendiscovery fame and Eric "splash" owner of Lara motorcycle tours.

Talking with Eric, he has a very exciting season in store for his tour customers

Pho-shop.jpg

Pho Shop sign to be replace soon!

restaurant.jpg

eric-pan.jpg

ban-kai.jpg

Wow these fantastic T shirts arrived from the Cosmos?
Does anyone know from where the originated ?
Is it at all possible to obtain more for the team?

ride-lao.jpg

exibitcnter.jpgexibit-hall.jpg

Vientiane times

The Nongchanh area was left empty for many years before the Lao International Development Co., Ltd was successful in obtaining a concession. In the past, many investors were interested in developing the area as a park in order to provide green space and fresh air and create more places for Vientiane residents to relax. Unfortunately none of these projects came to fruition.
The Lao International Development Co., Ltd saw it as a good opportunity to get a concession of over 400,000 square metres of Nongchanh area to build an integrated World Trade Center in a single place. The WTC will comprise an international shopping centre, a commercial street, integrated food and beverage venues, apartments, office buildings, and other facilities to serve both foreigners and local people.
The total project will not just become a new image for Lao people. It will play a vital role in boosting the economy of the nation and supporting the growth of GDP to meet the government’s target of over eight percent.
The Lao International Development Co., Ltd has paid attention to every single detail of the project. As can be seen, the company has imported some building materials and equipment in order to ensure that the construction will meet international standards. In addition, a number of foreign construction experts have been invited to help the construction since June this year.
At the moment, the company is working hard to finish up the huge drainage system alongside Khouvieng Road. The system, costing over 24 billion Kip, is 1300 metres long and 2.5 metres high. After its completion, it will ease water flow around the whole area.

Ban Kai opens with Gala celebration - owned by Eric from LARA and Pan

Yeah, was there during the opening day as well as the next morning for brekkie - the staff was still a bit bewildered after a long day and evening catering to the crowd. Left the evening before when the rain started bucketing down. Fuark and company had just arrived just and took over the place with the cook trying to feed part of the crowd who had been playing in the mud with their bikes.

In case you want to visit the place here it is: BAN GAI (HOUSE OF CHICKEN), Sokpaluang Rd (Opposite HHI Appartment) - N17.94332 E102.62682

BG IMG_2533R.jpg

The "Big Breakfast" in 2 pictures as I was to hungry to wait till the whole breakfast had been served.

BG IMG_2535.jpg
BG IMG_2536.jpg

We've got stock at Rider's Corner Bar & Restaurant in Chiang Mai - If you want a some mailing to Vientiane let me know Don, we've got long and short sleeve in stock.

8790d1345338505-vientiane-watering-holes-ride-lao.jpg

Wow these fantastic T shirts arrived from the Cosmos?
Does anyone know from where the originated ?
Is it at all possible to obtain more for the team?

View attachment 8790

Will definatly be stopping there on my next Vientiane trip, knowing how Eric operates, there's no doubt this will be a huge success.

Yeah, was there during the opening day as well as the next morning for brekkie - the staff was still a bit bewildered after a long day and evening catering to the crowd. Left the evening before when the rain started bucketing down. Fuark and company had just arrived just and took over the place with the cook trying to feed part of the crowd who had been playing in the mud with their bikes.

In case you want to visit the place here it is: BAN GAI (HOUSE OF CHICKEN), Sokpaluang Rd (Opposite HHI Appartment) - N17.94332 E102.62682

View attachment 8849

The "Big Breakfast" in 2 pictures as I was to hungry to wait till the whole breakfast had been served.

View attachment 8850
View attachment 8851

Electric limoseeen golf cart cars are here in the Laos capital.
We hope to see these replace the 2nd hand "smokers" that have been imported in droves from Korea and else were.
Rumors are that 2nd hand imports have been banned!

fusion-ev.jpg

electric-cars.jpg

electric-car.jpg

The focal point of downtown Vientiane is Nam Phu Fountain.Vientianes 'picture-postcard' setting for around 100 years,
Gets a new look

fountain-1.jpg

View from the balcony of the "Scando" bakery.

Best breakfast in town, bangkok post, omlette and hot coffee, Nothing wrong with the view!

Nam-pou.jpg

IMG_2570.jpg

Well Captain, not sure if this is a sign of things to come but I did spot a 7-11 in Thakheak at one of the new hotels - not sure if this one is the "real thing" eventhough it looks like it.

Ah signs of forthcoming civilisation at last in Laos

Back
Top Bottom