Video: South Lao Mayhem

mikehohman

Bikes
KLX250
Riding South Lao, Dec 26-30, 2012, with a bunch of friends. 9 riders set out. 6 finished the journey, with 2 significant injured, Chris and Zach. No one died. An epic adventure, shared with the best of friends. We had it all, sunshine, rivers, streams, rocks, mud, rain, getting lost, getting found, crashes and misdirections, swimming, hospitals and clinics, ferrys, cows, calfs, dogs, chickens, drunken villagers, night riding, etc. etc. etc.

Click through to vimeo to watch in HD, it's much better that way..

Enjoy, Mike

What a great video, and trip!!! Thanks for sharing.

Awesome video Mike and thanks for posting it - must have been a whale of an experience with the guys. Looked at the ferry around 4.40 and not sure if I would trust it with my old truck on top as it bobbed down quite a bit with a bike driving off it. Wow, what a smile of the lady around 11.40 - would melt anyone's heart I guess.

Embedding Vimeo movies

Maybe Ally has solved this Vimeo issue already (I have been away for the last 2 weeks or so riding in Laos and most of the time I had no Internet access - kind of bliss to some extent) but embedding a video located on Vimeo should be quite straightforward - grab the URL from Vimeo, click on the Insert Video button, insert the URL and it should work like this:

Mike !!!!

Your the man !

Not sure if I like the interview more than the rides ;)

Great stuff, well done & thank you so much for posting here on RideAsia.

Ally

Superb

How long did that take to edit and put together?

I started Sunday morning at 8:00 AM or so and worked straight through until about 5:00 PM, so I'd say at least 8-9 good hours. Video sure does take a long time to cut, but it's worth it in the end. This was a difficult trip for some of the riders, and for me as un-official lead, but i will always have great fond memories of what a good time we are had, even if we didn't realize it at the time we were having it. :)

Thanks everyone for your kind comments are glad you all enjoyed the vid.

Wow what a great video Mike, now just put out a loop vid of the girl at the end i could watch her all night long :LOL

Paradise Mike, thank you for putting the time into the editing. Thoroughly enjoyable. What cities did you connect on this ride?

Back
Top Bottom