Tyre Kicker stories

Ally

Bikes
PCX - with custom valve caps
www.urbandictionary.com - tyre kicker

(n.) A person who appears interested in buying your car, but on the day displays any of the following traits.

• Does not show up
• Does not bring money
• Kicks the tyres and complains about even the most minor faults
• Seems to know barely anything about the car
• Offers stupid money (a large amount either side of what you expected)
• Keeps asking if he can part exchange his rusty old Ford for your car, not wondering why anyone wouldn't want it
• Assumes the car is in fine working condition just by kicking the tyres
• Tries to drive a restoration project dozens of miles home with him.
• Asks questions repeatedly, specifically ones mentioned in adevertising the car
• Gets the manufacturers' name wrong
• Asks if you are willing to transport the car without charge.
• Makes a bid for a car placed on ebay or similar without any positive feedback
• Dresses up as, or asserts that they are a priest or mulla in an attempt to pay less for the car
• Is a young driver who just passed his test looking to buy a cheap old car, rice it up, and show off to thier friends. Quite likely to wreck it in a month.

Thought I would start a thread & see where it goes.

Perhaps others have stories to share, hopefully more exciting than mine !

Couple of years ago I had a great bike, Yamaha Dragstar 1100 and people kept telling me to hang on to it, don't sell it, it's a classic.

Having advertised it it in all the usual places, I get a call from someone whos wants to take it for a spin, interested in buying such a bike and wanted to meet me.

They took it for a blast down a decent road, opened it up and afer a while returned, saying it didn't really pull enough.

I said, perhaps if you had closed the choke, you might have enjoyed it more.

Later they asked me why I let it go for such a price to another buyer.

:WTF

Ally

Selling bikes is like pulling teeth, especially here where the prices are so inflated due to the import tax.

On the other side of the coin, I have put my bike up for sale 2 times and then when the time came not been able to bring myself to sell it when someone wanted to buy!

After a while trying to sell ur bike at the price u wanted, u had to reduce 15% as your new bike has arrived. After selling your old bike at a low price, someone comes along and offers a high price for the sold bike.

Back
Top Bottom