Tyres in Indonesia

Oliver

Hello folks, posted this on the HUBB aswell;

I got a very little used TKC front tyre given in Thailand for my Africa Twin and have done quite a few miles on it since and it is wearing pretty fast. I am currently in Malaysia. It won't last all the way through Indonesia but I think Sumatra should be do-able. Do you know if it's possible to get 90/90-21 front tyre in Indonesia (preferably Java)? I don't really fancy going into Jakarta though, but will do if I have to. I found that there BMW Indonesia is in Bali but that just might be a corporate office? And read that Bandung might be a good place for big bike bits but no 100% info on tyres etc.

I found a couple of Indonesian tyre manufacturers which seem to have nice dual-purpose looking tread patterns but I don't think they go up to a 21. Any help or advice will be much appreciated.. or I might just get a new front in Penang before sending the bike over to Medan but I don't like being wasteful
smile.gif

Thanks very much in advance
Oli

Theres very few really big bikes in Indonesia, so it will probably take some local searching and knowledge rather than just on spec.

I dont recall a BMW dealer on Bali (been a couple off years since I visited) but I do know a high dollar husky dealer set up shop there. There is however Kawasaki dealers in many places and the KLX 250 is sold there, that has to be a 21 but 90/90 ?? I think its 80/100 ??

I would suggest the guys at Deus Bali would be able to answer this if no one jumps on it here.

I'm sure you can source them... but I don't know where. I flew mine in (with my daughter, and then the next time with me after a trip home). All these bikes are Indonesian... bar my Super Enduro... and a lot of the guys here were from Java - but the photo is in Sumatra.... and the photo only shows about half the bikes there.

They must source locally

Back
Top Bottom