Bikes
2007 KTM 990 Adventure Suzuki DRZ 400
Just 20km from central Chiang Mai is the Tuang Thong Canyon, Co-ords:

N18.69656

E98.89293

DSC_1233_edited by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr

Trying out the new camera, I thought this might be a good spot

DSC_1222_edited_marked by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr

It's quite spectacular for the bike photo's as a backdrop and quite popular with the locals at weekends. Quite easy to find, just follow R 121/ Canal Rd south to Nam Phrae (Hang Dong) & follow the co-ords above. It is a sealed road all the way.

map with txt.jpg

Great stuff Phil

The camera & bike must be bringing some great smiles :)

Ally

Great stuff Phil

The camera & bike must be bringing some great smiles :)

Ally

Playing with the settings to get the light and color right is giving me a headache, amazing the differences with a different body and sensor.

I believe that structure there in your photos is a restaurant I have been to several times. Pretty good food with a killer view

Nice, I am a Pentax fan myself, use an older K20D.
With regards to "playing with the settings to get the light and color right is giving me a headache", I guess you shoot RAW with aperture priority?

So what is giving you a headache?
My headache with all modern DSLR's is their complexity and need to go to a 2 weeks course to understand their programming menu's and options.
I would opt for a DSLR with 3 choices, all manual: aperture, shutter speed, ISO and a manual focus with a decent mat glass.
Ever tried to focus manually on a DSLR?

All cordoned off now and off limits since the drowning a few days ago.

From The Nation:

South Korean tourist's body found

July 14, 2014 3:22 pm
The body of a South Korean tourist was found in a large man-made lake in Chiang Mai's Hang Dong district Monday.

Song Tae Khy, 22, apparently drowned while swimming there with friends on July 11. Known as the Grand Canyon Hang Dong, the spot is a tourist attraction.

Pol Captain Chakrapad Songmoon, an investigator at the Hang Dong Police Station, said police rushed to the lake and deployed divers in a bid to locate the tourist's body last Friday.

"But the water is over 40 metres deep. One of the four divers bled from ears. So, the operation had to stop and we have decided to wait till the body floated up itself," he said.

The Nation

Credit: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/South-Korean-tourists-body-found-30238453.html

Chiang Mai City News:

[h=2]Korean Tourist Found After Drowning in Chiang Mai 'Grand Canyon'[/h][h=3]Jul 14, 2014[/h]EnvironmentCityNews - The body of a young Korean tourist has been found in the waters of Chiang Mai Grand Canyon, after he was reported to have drowned there four days ago.
1405343095.jpg

Photo courtesy of CM108

Choi Taeku, 21, went missing on Friday after visiting the flooded quarry with three other Koreans, two men and a woman.

Despite searches by police, scuba divers and rescue teams using sonar equipment, the body was not found until today when, bloated with air, it rose to the surface.

Monks had previously cast blessings and Choi's family had flown to Chiang Mai to be near the rescue operation.

Credit:
http://www.chiangmaicitynews.com/news.php?id=4227

Such sad news! May the parents find peace at hearth and the strength to recover their loss.

image1.jpg

Stopped off at the canyon today & the place is very quiet.

Ally

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 314
Back
Top Bottom