Trials riding practice - great practice area with Daz & Paul

KTMphil

Bikes
2007 KTM 990 Adventure Suzuki DRZ 400
View attachment 10184

The only pain-in-the-ass thing about trials riding is you have to load the thing in the truck to go riding

133535_10151429707633345_443404134_o.jpg

Is that the next trail past LMS? If it is, if you go straight back and up that hill it will take you to LMS. Nice that you can cool down in the water there!!

Paul has .been coming to this practice area at the foot of the Last-Man-Standing trail for a couple of years now for trials practice. It ticks all the boxes with steep rock faces, loose soil hill climbs and waterfalls, perfect area for practicing.

This is the location in the map below:

View attachment 10186

Some good, steep warm-up areas on the way up to the waterfall. Paul making all look way too easy as usual.

8014470213_3e6366fdb5_b.jpg

Darren too.

View attachment 10185

Then down the the trials area around a rock river bed. It's quite steep with rock steps, a perfect training area

8014472484_5052b7b3c8_b.jpg

8014473150_975fb148c8_b.jpg

Darren

8014471426_5cf366753c_b.jpg

Some good shots Phil, cheers!

As you said the boy makes it all look so easy. It will take me years to get close to 50% of his level of control. Balance and throttle control is all it takes, unfortunately I have neither.

Looks like such a good little playground there too..

Ditch the armour for trials.. Must overheat like a mofo..

Now - for trials riding, i'm VERY intrigued with this set up. I'll print this out and take it down to Joe the mechanic, he'll look at this and shake his head i'm sure.

248425_446149452094161_1711072389_n.jpg

Saw lots of bike trailers for bikes to be pulling when I did some searching, usually big tourers pulling play bikes for the destination. And the price the metalwork shop on the inner ring rd gave for a light simple car one without brakes was a steal.

I still say the best implementation is that tilt-a-rack design. Looks so simple to use, easier than loading a full height pickup, keeps the bed back for a tray lid or toolbox, means you can go full speed and not have to be careful like a trailer, easy in town and parking.. etc etc.

Trailer and bike look like they`d be as heavy/heavier than the bike and rider towing it?

With the rough roads here i`d say much better in the pickup IMO.

For the trials boys ESPN HD had an hour long doco on yesterday of the Trials Des Nations in Moutier Swiss.

Fantastic coverage and some great skills on display and more than likely will be repeated over the coming weeks somewhere on True?

Back
Top Bottom