Track contacting Mae Chaem to Doi Inthanon

Fishenough

Hi.

Found a new to me track today contacting the 1088, to Khun Yuam, to the 1192/1009 road to Doi Inthanon. This off piste route is located 8 km north of Mae Chaem, turning off at the Ban Thong Yaw village, the turn off is shown in the first 2 pictures. Excuse the poor phone pics. This route was a nice mix of newly hard topped single lane to dirt with a few muddy puddles, with maybe 2 kms of soft surface road. Easily passable, with any vehicle in the dry season. Typical of back road farm routes, the steep sections were concrete tracked. With street tires and a day of light rain, I made it through easily with only the bottom of my boots getting muddy.

Fun route that provided similar travel time to the 1009, as I met up with a group of tour buses that left the 7/11 Mae Chaem gas station together, and we met again at the 2nd Doi Inthanon check point.

Ban Thong Yaw turn off

Photo-0025.jpg

Take the left right after the turn off,

Photo-0026.jpg

Through farm land and tree shaded forest, the latter so dark at times it was as night,

Photo-0027.jpg

The Pha Sam Lan waterfall which will require a return visit very soon to explore,

Photo-0029.jpg

Contacting the Mae Pan waterfall road, the road to the right leads to the parking lot for the Mae Pan falls. Connecting the 1192 is behind.

Photo-0030.jpg

The route

dacut.jpg

Nice one Kevin !!

Thanks for sharing that with us.

:d
Ally

Yes a good find Kevin, are you finding more riding time these days or is the job still interfering with it too much?

Ron, after riding carefully in the mud as it was very wet, I had my first good slip on the mossy paved road just up from that junction. Good little route for the CRF. Have seen this path many times on maps, but have never read anywhere that it connected.

Colin I'm looking forward to plenty of riding time next month!

Back
Top Bottom