Total Newbie in Phayao

Tom89

Bikes
Kawasaki 2020 W800 Classic, 2019 Honda Wave 125i
Hi all, I recently retired to Thailand after many years in Japan. I originally bought a little Wave 125 only intending to run around town, do the shopping etc. Now I love riding the country roads and want something bigger. I've fallen in love with the Kawasaki W800 and hope to get one within a year. I'm hoping to learn as much as I can before I pull the trigger and buy one.

Welcome to Ride Asia, many options for great riding around Phayao, many of them already documented in trips reports on the forum, the W800 is indeed a beautiful retro-style bike. You may want to consider the Yamaha SR400 or even some of the classic style Triumphs (we have a dealer in Chiang Rai) or even the Kawasaki Z900 if you want a little more power.

Thanks for the suggestions. It's my understanding that dealers in Thailand don't allow you to test ride a bike. If that's true is there any place in the area where I could rent those bikes for a short time to get a feel for them?

The only one know of that will allow test rides is the Triumph dealership in Chiang Rai

Back
Top Bottom