Tire choices for D-Tracker/CRFM 250?

Thump

Bikes
'14 CBR500R; '13 CRF250M; '14 MXS125; '09 Nouvo 135
Looks like the two 'motos are wearing the same tires, IRC 110/70/17 front and 130/70/17 rear.

Since the Tracker is out longer, are there any riders who have replaced their tires with a different brand?

The big brands don't offer much in these sizes, the drawback is that they have spoke wheels and need tubes.

I want to stay with the stock sizes but am open to others' experiences with other sizes.

The Pirelli MT-60 R (Rain) are absolutely amazing

MOTO%20GUME%20TYRES%20TIRE%20MT60R%20CORSA%20PIRELLI.gif

As far as I know they only come in a 160 rear though

MT 60 RS CORSA , Motorcycle Tyres - PIRELLI INTERNATIONAL

mt 60.jpg

Yes, I had those on my XR650L, great tires!

Interestingly this site shows only front sizes of 19" and 21": MT 60 RS CORSA , Motorcycle Tires - PIRELLI US

I'd like to try out the Scorpion Trails, they seem to be better for the street.

I wouldn't mind going for the 130/80/17 but the front doesn't come smaller than 120 for a 17" rim.

With some makers the sizes are right but they only are available TL!

I'm not taking the stock IRC to the limit yet but it never hurts to see what others recommend!

Edit: now I see the difference: the site I was looking at was US, not international!

How many kilometers do you get out of the MT60R and how much do they cost in Thailand?

They look great, but I won't go for 120 and 150. These tires are designed for bigger, more powerful bikes.

Honda called it the CRF250M - M for "moto", nothing "super" about it! :)

Well I have some time to wear out the IRC and if I don't find any better tires I'll reorder them.

How many kilometers do you get out of the MT60R and how much do they cost in Thailand?

My set on the Versys has done 7000 Kms so far, the backs got maybe 1000 left on it, riding pretty hard, great tyres, my pal has some on his D Tracker but the front looks way big, but fits OK.

My set on the Versys has done 7000 Kms so far, the backs got maybe 1000 left on it, riding pretty hard, great tyres, my pal has some on his D Tracker but the front looks way big, but fits OK.

How much did they cost?

Around 11k for the set

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Fits okay, looks way big - I wonder how a wider tire in the front performs.

I've decided to go with the Diablo Rosso II since I stay on the road. Great price for my size; probably go with a 140 in the rear: 7,500 THB.

Actually it's a no-brainer if you get the right info from the right people!

Pirelli Diablo Rosso II, available in the right sizes, in Thailand, for 7,500 THB. The stock set is 3,600 THB.

Beat that!

Attachments

• diablo. rosso II.jpg
    diablo. rosso II.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 3,141
Back
Top Bottom