Theft of 3 rental bikes in Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai

brake034

Bikes
Suzuki GD110HU, BMW F650GS
Brian asked me to post the following here:
In Chiang Mai a Kawasaki 650 Ninja and a Honda CRF 250 were stolen and in Chiang Rai a Honda CB500 from hard working rental companies.

It is not sure if the guy is really Belgian, he has could be of Arab or East Indian origin. In CM he spoke Thai with the owner of the rental shop!
It is believed this guy is still in Thailand, he is on the wanted list now!

2_2.jpg

2_1.jpg

image.jpg
[/url]

Last edited:
If he speaks thai that means he has been here long enough.. has a base of operations here etc..

No way a decent reward like that wont catch up with him over a bit of time..

Thanks LivinLos, but I guess he is not alone, for sure have some distribution channel behind him, for parts or complete bikes.
Please inform all rental shops and also dealers (test drives!!!) and private people selling bikes to be on the look out for this scrote.

I learned a new word today......:LOL

Just wondering how this scum bag manages to do this, I take it by using a false Passport?

Has his face been posted on Thai Visa? I'm guessing he's probably from Bangkok/Pattaya

Just noticed his date of birth- looks alot older than 49

It will be a totally fake passport, looks like he's middle eastern, the Belgian issued passport will probably be a red herring

Lan from C&P (they evidently lost an ER-6 to him) just told me that MR. Beer has lost a bike to this guy too, so thats now 4 bikes stolen.

Bad news.

But I have a feeling that if anyone can 'get' this slab of excrement it would be the Thai motorbike fraternity!
Hope so.

Just wondering how this scum bag manages to do this, I take it by using a false Passport?

Has his face been posted on Thai Visa? I'm guessing he's probably from Bangkok/Pattaya

Just noticed his date of birth- looks alot older than 49

Im told he was using 4 copies of the same fake passport. Brian's checked him out with the Belgium embassy and they say he s not from their country.

Brian's checked him out with the Belgium embassy and they say he s not from their country.

I imagine it wouldn't be possible for Bike Rentals to check with Embassies/Consulates to verify that passports are authentic
before actually handing the keys over? Or is it?

I imagine it wouldn't be possible for Bike Rentals to check with Embassies/Consulates to verify that passports are authentic
before actually handing the keys over? Or is it?

They normally look for the Thai immigration entry stamp as authentification.

Was there not someone stealing bikes from CM dealerships not long ago?

...sure have some distribution channel behind him, for parts or complete bikes...

Mainland China has a huge market for stolen bikes and parts for a very long time, just saying ~ hate them bike thieving bastards....

How does it work nowadays with bike rental in Thailand, they would hold the passport of the vehicle renter in the old days, still the common practice or more formal with proper rental contracts and a hefty cash deposit / credit card imprint, have not been to the Land of Smiles for 12+ years and just wondering....

Mainland China has a huge market for stolen bikes and parts for a very long time, just saying ~ hate them bike thieving bastards....

How does it work nowadays with bike rental in Thailand, they would hold the passport of the vehicle renter in the old days, still the common practice or more formal with proper rental contracts and a hefty cash deposit / credit card imprint, have not been to the Land of Smiles for 12+ years and just wondering....
]

Some rental companies in Chiang Mai will let you take their bike across border into Laos, Cambodia & Vietnam (has been done in the last 6 months without a permit for the bike, just Vietnam immigration visa!), in these cases where you will need your passport, so they will accept a cash deposit, normally around 60% of the value of the bike but does vary.

The black T shirt has been identified by the Dutch expats forum in Thailand as a possible Dutch National soccer team shirt and shorts. Likely a copy of the original Nike set.

new_oranje_0.jpg

Nike_Dutch_Boys_Away_Short_WB_447403_010.jpg

Some of the comments in the Chiang Mai City News were amusing though.

1 What? A farang ripping off Thais? Outrageous! The chap obviously either doesn't know the rules or doesn't want to play by them - as the natives would say "Som nom na!" to the idiots who hired the bikes out to him

2 Ha ha LOL karma, call it what you want, but the boot is on the other foot.

3 Maybe he should try renting a jet ski in Pattaya

Pity.
I thought top right and bottom left images were similar to the ones posted here earlier.
K Lan would know.

I would say a very good likeness , possibly the biggest difference is ' how big is the belly on the current arrestee ? ( might of invented a new word there ) The one where he was about to rip off a bike when he was dressed in Nike showed him to be a fat bastard .

From Brian in Chiang Rai just now, let's hope it's the same guy:

Just letting those who care know that there has been a man detained in Chiang rai that may be the guy that stole the 5 bikes.
We are in contact with the police in CR right now. I have to forward pics of him to the police. I will keep you updated.

I sure hope they have him.

Chiang Rai Big Bike Rentals

I think below is in the Chonburi police station right now

1579795_10152101975641847_1772434042_n.jpg

Lan from C & P Service is on his way up to Chiang Rai, so hopefully the gentleman will be formally charged in the next few hours.

From Brian in Chiang Rai just now, let's hope it's the same guy:

Just letting those who care know that there has been a man detained in Chiang rai that may be the guy that stole the 5 bikes.
We are in contact with the police in CR right now. I have to forward pics of him to the police. I will keep you updated.

I sure hope they have him.

Chiang Rai Big Bike Rentals

I think below is in the Chiang Rai police station right now

1579795_10152101975641847_1772434042_n.jpg

Yeah that's more like the thief in the initial photos, build and face are spot on. The last suspect at the top of this page wasn't close IMO

Great new's hope the scumbag get's a happy time in jail !!!

Do the crime.. Do the time..

Lan filed a police report last night, the thief, who seems to be an Iranian national, eventually got caught by stealing rental cars that had GPS trackers, he's being held in Chonburi.

They've told Lan that he has been sending the stolen motorcycles to Laos and recovery of bikes or funds doesn't look good.

From Pattayaone.net

http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-n...s-and-allegedly-sell-them-to-foreign-dealers/

Iranian uses fake passport to rent cars and allegedly sell them to foreign dealers

Posted on March 17, 2014 at 5:36 am

Over the weekend Pattaya Police arrested an Iranian National accused of renting a car in Pattaya and then sending the vehicle over the Thai-Laos border and selling the vehicle to a car dealer.
Initially Khun Pattarawadee aged 54, who runs a Car Rental Company in Soi Xzyte in Central Pattaya, was approached by the suspect, who at the time was using an Italian Passport under the name of Mr. Damarco Alfonso aged 50 and used the document, which was later found to have been produced in Laos by a friend for 30,000 Baht, to rent a Toyota Vigo 4-door pick-up on 11th March for 7 days at a cost of 10,000 Baht.
The vehicle was fitted with a GPS tracking device and the company owner tracked the vehicle to the Khong River on the border with Laos on 13th March, which led her to report the incident to Immigration Police, even though the vehicle could still have been returned before the 7 days.
A picture of the rentee was distributed to other car rental companies in Pattaya and the man re-appeared at a rental company owned by Khun Aran aged 66 where the suspect tried to rent a Toyota Fortuna using the same fake Italian Passport. The man, whose real name is Mr. Heidar Ali Rezaei aged 56, confessed to selling the Toyota Vigo for 150,000 Baht to a car dealer in Laos and was subsequently charged with auto-theft and offenses relating to the fake Italian Passport and currently awaits Trial.

- See more at: Iranian uses fake passport to rent cars and allegedly sell them to foreign dealers | Pattaya One ? Pattaya News, Thailand News, World News, updated 24 hours a day​

he has been sending the stolen motorcycles to Laos...

And bonefide bikers (bikes & rider) have trouble crossing the border!

You guys who do that journey know how the crossing process works, whats your opinion on how he did that?

Ally

What is also interesting is he had already taken a stolen car into Laos without any paperwork from the rental company to allow this or a purple book. So it would appear this is a pretty big operation and people are being paid off accordingly to smooth the operation, i am sure we will find this guy is just a small fish in a bigger pond.

I wish the owners of the respective vehicles the best of luck finding their property.

Tho keeping a full time cellular signal jammer is a big task.

If getting one, get one that uses SMS also as well as only data.. Theres times when data is lost, or when the vehicle goes out of the country.. An SMS ping then fires back the coded Geo Location.

Tho keeping a full time cellular signal jammer is a big task.

thieves (experienced ones) work a jammer and a scanner, once the installed GPS bike tracker is located and disabled… no need for the jammer to be switched on anymore.
ever heard of the four blokes - two bamboo pole method…. same goes for bikes with just a Disc lock or U-lock, two skateboards (front/rear wheel) make even a heavy motorbike very moveable with the Disc or U-lock still in place and lets not get into the insulated vans that jam any signals for two wheeled vehicle theft….

ps: if they want the vehicle they will get it ~ one way or the other…..

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
KTMphil Bike Talk 11
2wheels Bike Talk 19
Back
Top Bottom