The Great Java Bali road trip 2012 (Indonesia)

The Great Java Bali Road Trip 2012
By Rial Hamzah

maps.jpg

There are Two Big event in this week. Across Two Big Mountains, Two Exotic Island, across More than 2000 KM with one bike and One Motocycle Photographer.

prides-nsride.jpg

dieng-bromo-2.jpg

img_7617.jpg

Staytune at Rial on Motorcycle

525744_10151219096028349_1147903715_n.jpg

This Ride Report is will be written also at Adventure Rider Motorcycle Forum xFlo | xBhp.com - India's Most Popular Motorcycling/Biker's Community | India's First Motorcycling Biking Lifestyle Magazine Prides Online Community - Motorcycle Discussion and Ride Reports indonesia motorbike forum RideAsia Motorcycle Community and maybe another adventure forum.

regrads. Rialhamzah.com

Share this:

Day 1. Goes to Dieng Via North Coast Road
By Rial Hamzah

15 november 2012, this is the first day of ”The Great Java Bali Road Trip”. and the first stage towards Dieng. The place where the Nusantaride National Dieng Rally 2012 be held.

bks-dieng.jpg

my first plan is, i want to do a grup riding with Temmy and other friend in small group at least 5 Bikes. And The plan was a bit annoyed because, until 15 November 2012 at 02.00 am, or 4 hours before departure, I still have to monitor some modification work in my garage to fit the Alumunium Panniers on Haryo Widodo’s bike. Travelling with unwell body is too danger and I don’t want to take a risk.

the depature was late till 11.00 am, and I leave from home. Riding in bad traffic in Cikarang the industrial City with all of the activities

passed 150 km, North coast road feels delicious with smooth, straight road. with the sea breeze bellows, for some times my speedo show 134 km/h and I could’n felt it

img_6398.jpg

img_6400.jpg

img_6396.jpg

after do a communication via Blackberry mesenger, Temmy and friends still at Cirebon. at 2 pm I arrived at Cirebon after 250 km riding from my home at Bekasi. don’t forget ate “Empal Gentong” the traditional food from Cirebon that I would not missing if I passed Here.

So we Start the Group riding from here, ride the motorcycle slowly. After Cirebon City, it’s began to Enter Tegal City, the bad traffic accompany our trip because of the road work

rial-on-pantura.jpg

pantura-1.jpg

macet.jpg

because this congestion one of the group member was apart, and we waiting at Pertamina Gas Station Tegal due to take a rest after 2 hours riding.

img_6406.jpg

it was getting dark, and we must to ride because the hotel has been booked for this night and unfortuntely we must passed the forest road in Kajen, so that, we take a rest again, atet the green bean soup and drink the indonesian traditional herb containing a lot of ginger, honey, egg, and any other ingredient

tepi-jalan.jpg

img_64191.jpg

The road was dark, cold, uphill and a lot of sharp corner, and the spooky situation become the challenge in this trip. My Pulsar Lamp feels so bright with HID Projector and Dual on system are very helpfull when passed the road with no one road lightning. finally we arrived in Dieng Plateu at 01.00 am with the 7 degrees celcius temprture. time to sleep after 500 km riding. staytune for the next story

regrads. rial on motorcycle

Versi Biligual dua bahasa bisa kunjungi blog saya Rial on Motorcycle

biar hitsnya naek :p

Day 2, Just Rest Relax and Looking Around Dieng Plateau
By Rial Hamzah

November 16th, 2012. its a leisure, just rest and relax at the hotel, enjoying the fresh air. don’t forget to observe the activities of local people here. and of course taking the picture especially

but unfortunately, at this time is a rainy season, the dieng firmament are cloudy and its difficult to get the blue sky at this time. the photos are less good. however, Dieng still beautifull for me.

Dieng Plateu is a marshy plateau that forms the floor of a caldera complex on theDieng Volcanic Complex near Wonosobo, Central Java, Indonesia. Referred to as “Dieng” by Indonesians, it sits at 2,000 metres (6,600 ft) above sea level,

The Plateau is the location eight small Hindu temples. Built around 750 BC, they are the oldest known standing stone structures in Java. They are originally thought to have numbered 400 but only eight remain.

Dieng’s misty location almost 2,093 m above sea level, its poisonous effusions and sulphur-coloured lakes make it a particularly auspicious place for religious tribute. The temples are small shrines built as monuments to the god-ancestors and dedicated to Shiva. The Hindu shrines are miniature cosmic mountains based on plans in Indian religious texts, although the design motifs have little connection to India. The earliest architectural usage of the Javanese demonic masks and marine monsters are exhibited along the niches and doorways of the remaining structures. The Dieng structures were small and relatively plain, but stone architecture developed substantially in only a matter of decades resulting in masterpieces such as the Prambanan complex and Borobudur

img_6458.jpg

img_6461.jpg

img_6462.jpg

img_6476.jpg

img_6477.jpg

image_t6.jpg

img_6479.jpg

img_6454.jpg

img_6482.jpg

dieng_worldtravellist.jpg

Lagi

Nusantaride National Dieng Rally 2012
By Rial Hamzah

met friends from nusantaride forum is one of my goal why I went to dieng before. Nusantaride is a “place” for the adventurer from Indonesia, Not only the ride but also Share about the ride in narrative or visual inside the Nusantaride Forum

This is the biggest Nusantaride Gathering in this year which was attended an adventurer from many district in Indonesia. So many figures came, Mr Youk tanzil from Ring of Fire Adventure, Jack Xventure the motocross enduro activator in Indonesia, Gaban From Zambrud Khatulistiwa expedition, etc. most of them came, shared his knowledge and his experience.

img_6518.jpg

img_6503.jpg

This event be held at Telaga Cebong inside Dieng Plateau arena. When the motorcycle adventurer gather, there’s only tend is the only place for a rest at night. but I’m not bring it so that, Hotel is the good choice for me :p .

img_6495.jpg

img_6511.jpg

img_6537.jpg

img_6535.jpg

Meet friends that you haven’t yet met, becomes the tagline in Nusantaride National Dieng Rally 2012. that was right, meet friends and sharing the experience with all of them that I only met on facebook or forums is an infrequent opportunity and I don’t wanna miss.

img_6543.jpg

img_6541.jpg

we are many we are indonesia

so Guys,, lets Ride the Archipelago..

Day 3. Prides 4th Jamboree 2012
By Rial Hamzah

November 17, 2012. this Saturday, is the second days in Dieng Plateau. at this day I'll continued my trip to the East. I've already packed all of my stuff but, before i went to East, I would go to Nusantaride Camp for farewell.

peta-day-3.jpg

The Time Management on my Journey at this day was slightly chaotic. you know why? because when I checked my GPS, the distance between Dieng and Pacet Mojokerto is just 300 km, so that, I estimated if my average speed is 60/km, it takes 5 hours. But when the GPS recalculated the route, wow, the distance is more than 420 KM. and After Lunch, I continued my trip To Pacet East java where the Prides Jamboree be Held.

Ride the bike slowly because it rains and the road was slippery. I began to out From Wonosobo, passed Secang and Salatiga Ring Road. Ride on the Highland with low temprature makes my bike performance bad,

img_6564.jpg

img_6562.jpg

img_6568.jpg

The Time was getting late, Heavy rain accompanied my trip, until I arrived in nganjuk at 5.40 pm. the sky was getting dark and a lot of insect fly on the road and hit my helmet. my High windshield is very helpfull in this situation, passed the dark forest in Ngawi, 8 pm I began to enter Jombang. the roadwork makes the traffic jam. at 9 pm I arrived at the "valley of the kings Prides Jamboree 2012″. FYI, PRIDES is an Onlie Community which has a web in Prides Online Community - Motorcycle Discussion and Ride Reports. a Motorcycle forum which discuss about the Ride report, Motorcycle engine, Bikers Lifestyle. feel free to join in this forum

img_6582.jpg

the farthest participant at this Prides Jamboree, came from Singapore and Egypt, El-Buset Norazhar and Wagih Adly. After the sharing session, firework and coffe break would be the last session before we went to sleep.

——

Next day, a lot of Friends was Back to Jakarta because most of them must go to work in Monday an this is Sunday Morning. Less time for me to talked with Friends who comes from many Province in Indonesia

The Location where the Jamboree be held was pretty awsome, located on the valley with the fresh air inside.

184847_4521301563954_1386436259_n.jpg

img_6592.jpg

img_6594.jpg

img_6598.jpg

img_6608.jpg

img_6596.jpg

see you friends on Jamboree Prides 5th next year..

Day 4. Road To Mount Bromo
By Rial Hamzah

november 18th, 2012, today, I'll continued this journey, the destination is Mount Bromo. The big Mountain with the famous Dessert and Savana. At this time, i'm not Ride alone but, there are three person join this trip with me, David, Jun, and Skaya.

there are many roads who can we takes to Bromo, but I choose the General Route via Probolinggo. So We Start from Pacet at 11.00 am, riding in group makes me to Ride more relaxed. haha

East Java was very hot. the temprature so high at this road, it makes me stiflingly hot.. so that I opened My Contin Kamerad jacket ventilation. and sometimes run till 130 km/h to get more fresh air.

at least 2 hours passed, we come near to Probolinggo, and turn right for going to Bromo which was visible from a long distance, as though said "welcome to the jungle buddy"

img_6614.jpg

img_6609.jpg

runing back over the top, the sky become cloudy, so we choose to step a side to wearing the raincoat. at the same time after i wear it, me and Jun ride slowly in between waiting David and Skaya Gear up. the rain become "hurricane" so Me and Jun Stop in some tavern for waiting David and Skaya

img_6622.jpg

hard rain started to stop, our team are Completed . There are a lot of beautifull scenery at this route to bromo, and I'm very thanksfull God to give me this beautifulll nature of Indonesia.

img_6631.jpg

img_6636.jpg

img_6638.jpg

Time is getting late, so we must be patient and keep our itention went down to the Bromo desert . three of us agreed to find a homestay in Bromo but at the same time, Skaya Choose to separate and stay in Batu Malang, a Place has a distance 100km more from here. We Fortunate, got the cheap, cozy, and clean home stay with a great view at the back of this house. So this is the end of this day. staytune

img_6675.jpg

9 Desember 2012
Day 5. Beautifull Sunrise, Mount Bromo
By Rial Hamzah

November 19th, 2012, the bell wake me up at 3.45 am, but, it's hard for me to open my eyes, so that, I back to sleep for a minute, zzzzzZZzzz,,, 45 minutes elapsed….. oh god , what time is it? it's 4.30 am. so we get out from the homestay quickly went to "pananjakan 2″ a place where we can see the sunrise, because the sunrise happened at 5 am at this place.

Preparing My Rebel xsi, then i Rode little bit fast coz I didn't wanna lose this moment. when we arrived, a lot of jeep parking and automaticly blocked the road to the Highest place in Mount Bromo, From this place, we must rent a horse for going there or Walking,. I think it's just a Tricks, because I'm sure my Bike can rise to the top. We choose stayed here and enjoy the Sunrise from this point, Not nice

img_6689.jpg

img_6709.jpg

The Sun is Up, a Few of local and Foreign Tourism started going down from the Highest spot, the Jeep which blocked the road started back down to the village. it's time for us to going up. becarefull, if our engine die, we will tumble, because the sand was very slippery. sometimes, people who walk not carefull, was fall down here..

img_6776.jpg

img_6800.jpg

we arrived on the great spot where we can saw the Bromo Crater and The Great Mount Semeru Tengger Behind, it was so beautiful, when the fog still covered the ground beneath. Like being on the cloud

img_6832.jpg

img_6861.jpg

I'm motionless for a few minutes, unnerved with this beautifull scenery and then, we went back down to the homestay for a breakfast and packing before continued our trip because the amazing journey is still long buddy.

img_6891.jpg

img_6897.jpg

img_6939.jpg

Wow!
Thanks for sharing your adventure with us Rial.
The pics are wonderful, as is the scenery.
That crater area is sensational.
Keep it coming please!

Yes stunning photos and the more I see of Indonesia the more enticing it becomes

Enticing indeed Colin.
I've only ridden Bali and that was wonderful.
Would return in a heartbeat.
Great scenery, wonderful people and superb food.

Im glad you mentioned the food Ron, I imagine that Muslim food is absolutely delicious

Wow!
Thanks for sharing your adventure with us Rial.
The pics are wonderful, as is the scenery.
That crater area is sensational.
Keep it coming please!

haha yeah . the crater area is desert and savana. you can see in my next Ride report

Enticing indeed Colin.
I've only ridden Bali and that was wonderful.
Would return in a heartbeat.
Great scenery, wonderful people and superb food.

bali? you rent a motorcycle there?

Im glad you mentioned the food Ron, I imagine that Muslim food is absolutely delicious

and of course cheap.. hehe,, but actually indonesia and malaysia not too much diffrent, the food almost same taste especilly the traditional food from sumatra

Explore Bromo and Road To Jember
By Rial Hamzah

After Packing from our homestay, Route for this day is Explore the Bromo Mountain, which is famous with it's Savana, and the Desert, on the crater area. and do not Forget to say goodbye with Mr Supri as the house owner. Thanks sir for your best service here.

img_6953.jpg

not only Bromo, at this day I would go to Jember city and stay for one night before I went to bali. Went to Bromo, we must passed the Desert, Savana, Ranupani, Senduro, Lumajang and Finish at Jember

it's very near from our Homestay to bromo. Maybe only 15 minutes, and we started to pass the only one road to Bromo desert

img_6957.jpg

we reached on the Desert, the sand vast stretches with the small hills and the caldera. it's hard for us to riding on sand with asphalt tire. better if we used the dualpurpose tire,

img_7124.jpg

img_7086.jpg

img_6966.jpg

img_71611.jpg

Hinduism is the first religion in Indonesia , so don't wonder if we found the Temple in somewhere places or historical place likes Here. at this desert, there are one temple where the Tengger etnich worship.

img_7031.jpg

the Temple is one of the atractive tourism point here. we would continue our trip to bromo savana trough the desert with flabby sand, it's cause me and my bike fall down here

img_7060.jpg

riding too slow with fully loaded in my Givi V35 and unsuitable tyres, is other things causes why I fall down here. KLX, Tenere, KTM, and maybe any other dualpurpose bike will easier to pass here. increase our speed maybe the right things to do.

img_7213.jpg

img_7188.jpg

after passing the desert, we arrived at Bromo Savana, there are three little hills where the local people here called it "teletubbies Land". Because it's looks simillar with the hills in Teletubbies movie.

img_7224.jpg

we rode slowly to Ranu pani, a small Lake with the temple beside the Lake which Located at Semeru Tengger Valley

img_7225.jpg

we can saw the Great bromo savana from this point. wow it's so beautifull landscape here.

img_7239.jpg

passed the rocky small road to Ranu pani, the sky was overcast and its started to rain make the terrain become so difficult to be passed by bike with asphalt tires, 30 minutes elapsed, Alhamdulillah we Finally arrived at Ranu Pani. there are a Small Lake and a Temple Beside, a Place for tengger etnich prayer

img_7245.jpg

img_7252.jpg

our group decided to break for a while and get lunch in a village office, a place where the mountain climber registration if they want to climbed the semeru tengger Mountain.

img_7248.jpg

after we finished our lunch, I separated with Jun and David because they want to go back to Jakarta and I must completed my mission to Bali. again, I must passed small road in the middle of a tropical rain forest. because this is the only road to get out from here,

the road is very slippery and very bad,

img_7254.jpg

open my throttle, keep my speed at 50 km/h and stand up for sometimes to balance the motorcycle. My front shockbreaker working very well. Till i increase my speed to 55 km/h and unfortunately i can't controlled my bike then Tumble

img_7260.jpg

after I put up my bike, there are no serious damage, Frame Slider and hanguard made by Syndicate Motor works very well, safe my bike body, only a little bit scratch in My Side panniers givi v35. but my handlebar crooked

img_7262.jpg

the show must go on, both of my handphone can't reached the signal, and this rocky, small, sliperry road has a 35 km distance approximately.

finally, I'm Entering Lumajang Regency, I got my Handphone signal and immidiately contact one of my friend in Jember to report my position. I asked him to tell the Bajaj Authorized workshop at Jember if i want to go there to check up my bike after tumble in Senduro.

Lumajang - jember has a 90 km distance, The hard rain always accompany my trip till 6 pm I arrived at Bajaj Authorized Service Jember, the chief mechanic Yudha Adi Perdana handle my bike with himself. thanks for the great service to me.

img_7268.jpg

Closed this day with dinner in middle east food in Jember city.

img_7272.jpg

staytune…

bali? you rent a motorcycle there?

Nup; a friend allowed me to use his bike.

Rial, this is rially good stuff you are putting here.
You could be an ambassador for your country!
Thanks a lot.

Nup; a friend allowed me to use his bike.

Rial, this is rially good stuff you are putting here.
You could be an ambassador for your country!
Thanks a lot.

hahahaha you kidding me :)
nope this is just my hobby. travelling and Photography. motocyclePhotography and Landscape Photography.. :D

Wow, amazing pictures which brought back many memories from the 8 years I lived in Indonesia (mainly Bandung but also spent quite some time in Central Java (Kebon Balong north-east of Semarang and Randublatung in the middle of the forests). Liked the Indonesia food very much and in particular Masakan Padang from Sumatra - enak sekali.

Banyak Terimah Kasih for the story and the pictures.

Wow, amazing pictures which brought back many memories from the 8 years I lived in Indonesia (mainly Bandung but also spent quite some time in Central Java (Kebon Balong north-east of Semarang and Randublatung in the middle of the forests). Liked the Indonesia food very much and in particular Masakan Padang from Sumatra - enak sekali.

Banyak Terimah Kasih for the story and the pictures.

wow , yep masakan padang and RENDANG now becomes the one of most tasty food in the world,,, when you back here sir? you can contact me

You do take some spectacular photo's, looks like a very special tour, thanks for sharing.
every tour is special for me phil,, even it's just 70 km hehehe

Road to Bali and Beautifull Sunset at Tanah Lot
By Rial Hamzah

November 20, 2012. the bell at my Blackberry wake me up at 06.00 am. My plan for today is going to Bali. But i've little bit problem when my camera battery charger was broken, and my EOS battery was empty. For what I Continued this trip without the documentation?

After packing my equipment, I decided to walk around the Jember city to find the camera shop where sell the battery Charger for my Eos 450d. yeah litlle bit dissapointed because its not original but, the most importan things is, it can charge my battery.

Jember-Banyuwangi is about 80 km, leave Jember at 10.00am, I went to Ketapang port in Banyuwangi, which is the only way to go to Bali by Motorcycle or the others land transportation.

After 2 hours on the road with the average speed around 40km/h, I arrived at Ketapang Port, pay the Ferry ticket just IDR 16.000 without queuing because the ferry always avaliable at there.

img_7275.jpg

park my Bike in front, and make sure everythings is okay, the ferry start moving left the port. I choose to enjoy this beautifull view in the deck

img_7280.jpg

img_7278.jpg

only 1 hour and finally I came to Bali Island the one of most famoust tourism destination in the world. perhaps, all of you know about Bali than the country Indonesia . To enter Bali Island, There are Indonesian Police who will check your Licence and vehicle registration so, if you're incomplete, you can't entering Bali.

From Gilimanuk port to Tanah Lot take 3 hours riding, the road was awfull but the traffic is not nice, a lot of truck move slowly and I can't Throttle up my Bajaj Pulsar Multistrada 240F.

16.30 pm Indonesian middle time zone, I arrived at Tanah Lot, and call my Friend who was in Bali too. we haven't met before, but we feel familiar maybe because of our hobby in adventure.

its time for taking picture with my old EOS 450d. awsome…

img_7339.jpg

img_7354.jpg

img_7337.jpg

img_7326.jpg

img_7297.jpg

img_7345.jpg

379391_523512880999797_1414900626_n1.jpg

magnificent view on the fancy island. staytune for the next story

nice ride rial brome will come back again ..anyway will meet u this coming 18th january at jakarta together temmy ..

nice pic tnks for sharing rial really miss indonesia
soon march 2014 kalimantan from pontianak to nonokan out to tawah sabah

Back
Top Bottom