The Ducati Scrambler - First ride/review on Jalopnik

Sell the sizzle and not the steak, which is fair enough since the targeted market are not into the technical specs it seems ?
Its a nice looking bike and I reckon Ducati will do well out of it.
So far, the main downside I've read is from taller people, 6' plus, saying the bike is too small for them.

Should not have done it ..... that is going to the Ducati dealer in Khon kaen to have a look at the Scrambler's that they have on show for 10 days.

Of course no test-ride (the dealer does not even get the keys of the show bikes) but I had a sit on the different models. Indeed a small bike with a low center-weight. Must be easy to ride. Nice Pirelli MT60RS tyres (front tyre would perfectly fit my Z250). Bremco brakes with ABS. For touring (but is is not a touring bike) a bit small tank of 16l (I was told). For the short sit on the bikes I had it did feel very comfortable. I not really understand the price difference but that is probably just marketing for people who want to show of the bought the expensive model. Only one 1 model has an after-market slip-on muffler.

Very, very tempting ....

As for now the Scramblers are shown in the Ducati show-room but end this months the yellow containers will arrive and be placed at the parking lot of the Ducati dealer-ship. The owner is working on having 2 demo bikes for test-rides.

The dealer in KK is from the same family as the dealer in Udon Thani and I was told that the Scrambler show in Udon Thani is canceled for the moment. I was told the Icon can be delivered in March, the other models 2 months later. The KK dealership has a dedicated Ducati workshop.

Within the price-tag I think the bike will sell very well

Very, very tempting.

Back
Top Bottom