[Thailand] Which bike to buy

Dewey

Dear all,

I need some advice on which model to buy. Mainly to drive around Bangkok to go to work.
I would like a model around 600CC and I am more a roadster/supermotard kind of guy.

I already thought about a few models, but I would like your advise:

- Kawasaki ER6M, the most common bike I see on roads.
- Honda CB650F, seems to be a nice one (except the color...) but can't find it on Honda website.
- Ducati Monster 796, expansive and quiet big for Bangkok traffic jam.
- Ducati Hypermotard, perfect for Bangkok traffic jam but expensive as well and small tank.
- KTM 690 Duke, my favorite but so expansive comparing to Europe.
- Triumph Speed Triple, forget it, way too expansive..

Any other model I didn't think of ? What do you think about it and what would be your choice ?

Best regards,
Dewey.

Easy, go for the Honda, cheap to run and parts are cheap if your not fixed on the big bike idea go for the Honda CRf-250M perfect for BKK traffic.

Looking at what you listed I would consider the Honda CB500X as it represents and excellent quality/price option. As Bob mentioned, the important issues of service and parts availability is probably best covered as well when compared to others....or...there's always Bob's choice, the 650 V-Strom, alternatively the Versys also offers a good compromise, but for lots of BKK traffic I would choose the 500X

Let's sort the Honda CB650 website issue first LINK>: Honda Bigbike - EXCITES THE WORLD -

If you like the "supermotard" style you may consider (in no relevant order!):
Honda CB500X as Alex mentioned LINK>: Honda Bigbike - EXCITES THE WORLD -
Kawasaki 650 Versys LINK>: Kawasaki Thailand
Suzuki V-Strom 650 (XT) LINK>: BIGBIKE

At a higher / more expensive level there are the Ducati's Hypermotard models, BMW's GS models and Triumph's Tiger models (Triumph has come down on price in Thailand very recently).

These are all adventure type bikes, fully capable of the BKK tarmac and the hills of North Thailand, they will take you just about anywhere in South East Asia.

For a true supermotard you depend on modification of a standard bike, issue is there is no 650 thumper easily/legally available in the Thai market.
So you need to rely on a imported bike or settle for a local made 250CC Kawasaki D-Tracker or Honda CRF250M, you will be able to get a 300-350cc upgrade kit for these 2 bikes (soon?).

Alright, thank you for you answers, now it is time to think (and wait for my 2014 bonus :p)

But I think the CB650F will be the one !

For just around bangkok.. You really need a 600 ??

250 D-tracker easier to park and care about it a whole lot less..

For just around bangkok.. You really need a 600 ??

250 D-tracker easier to park and care about it a whole lot less..

My job is 35km outside of bangkok, in samutphrakarn, so yes a 600CC will be more convenient.

Under the new tax arrangements the Speed Triple is now 440K?

We did this the other day in the bar lew.. The speed R is still up over the 1.1 mil..

The street however is now 420.. Great deal for a trumpet..

ok,wrong model designation,should have said 675.wasn't sure if the OP knew of the new tax deal.

If you remember everything from a bar crawl it probably wasn't a good one? :)

Back
Top Bottom