leaving bike in thailand? forever

kevinhancock750

Bikes
xrv 750 RD07
Nearly finished my asian tour on a malaysian reg honda wave...
As ive imported it im wondering if anyone has just left a bike here? I see the fine on the paperwork but do they actually chase this up?
Failing this I will try to sell/give at poi pet border to someone going over to cambodia

I have known people just run away from this and nothing happened.. However its going to be on the computer somewhere and if you intend to return, its not a risk I would take. If you intend to return regularly, for sure not.

It would be relatively easy (but not legal) to 'check out' of thailand and not take the bike out.. Leaving it in legal limbo, but physically here and with your import export record clean. An old malaysian wave cant be worth much more than its parts anyway.

I would like to come back to thailand one day without the worry of a fine on arrival.
Not interested in getting money for the bike as its already paid for itself but would like to get it out of the country without me leaving. By giving to someone entering cambodia I think is my best option and I see at poi pet theres a train station to go back to bangkok to fly home.

If someone is going that way or lives in cambodia and wants to com to poi pet they can have it for free.. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom