Thai PM Yingluck removed from office for abuse of power

KTMphil

Bikes
2007 KTM 990 Adventure Suzuki DRZ 400
More here:

Thai PM Yingluck Shinawatra dismissed from office by court - CNN.com

cnn.jpg

3rd judicial removal of a red aligned PM in 8 years..

4 if you count the 06 coup as well..

They just keep voting for the wrong ones !! :deal

Thape Gate, Chiang Mai, Thailand, this afternoon. Army were practicing riot tactics with riot shields then headed off

army b_edited by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr

army a_edited by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr

10pm - 5am curfew is still in place throughout Thailand. If you have a flight ticket, you are allowed to travel to the airport within the curfew time. There was talk that today (Monday 26th May 2014) might be the last day of curfew, but no definitive, official, notification has be given, we have to shut at 10pm.

More visible today that it was before ??

First night they were blocking the north gate, but last night seemed relaxed.

More visible today that it was before ??

First night they were blocking the north gate, but last night seemed relaxed.

Talk of they are trying to resist a protest demonstration on the ne corner of the old city square. From a soldier Som gave water to. No confirmation.

Saw 4 armed soldiers stationed a LPG fill station yesterday,many at check points around the place.

Friday 4 soldiers in fatigues in an open army vehicle,one standing holding the machine gun, patrolling middle ring road Maehia.

Deserted roads at peak hour in and out of the city.

Not a good look here ATM.

Talk of they are trying to resist a protest demonstration on the ne corner of the old city square. From a soldier Som gave water to. No confirmation.

Twitter mentions of a flash mob protest.. That didnt materialize..

Twitter mentions of a flash mob protest.. That didnt materialize..

Here in Surin the red shirts are being kept under thumb n nail...armed soldiers blocking and checking all roads leading west and south...not sure about those going towards Si Saket and Roi Et though, will see tomorrow. Curfew is being enforced LOL Surin City is a ghost town

The north gate has been the red shirt demonstration area so that would be why the army is there. Before the police allowed the disruption although only a handful of protestors ever turned up to listen to the vitriol

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

On the Internet that as of 28th May, 2014, curfew has been eased to midnite - 4am. No official announcement though.

Below is from the Bangkok Post:

Latest news
New curfew: Midnight-5am

The National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) on Tuesday night relaxed the six-day old nationwide curfew by three hours, announcing a new curfew order will be enforced from midnight to 4am, effective Wednesday.

Hmmm, you can't tell me its just co-incidence... I leave the country and they relax the curfew.

Not at all Bigfella I just went past the northern gate and the Army Police were massing with a show of strength. But there is a big storm about to rain on their parade.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

On highway 24 just outside Prasat the Army took over the police checkpoint...it is now barricaded and every vehicle going west is checked. The army is there in full strength and when I went to fill a propane tank at the station opposite the checkpoint soldiers were arguing with a couple of cops. Some soldiers were posing and taking pictures with civilians for propaganda (a couple ladies got paid to pose with them) LOL

Not sure what the army is up to but this morning they went to the Police station with 3 trucks full of soldiers...looked like they were taking over. I was also told that they just arrested some guy near here who had built his big wood house apparently all with illegally cut Mahagony (though years ago)...looks like they are cracking down in a major way...and the curfew is still standing.

i revisited my old address in CM today and the 24/7 gambling placw nearby and closed and the workers there doing 15 days in the slammer. the place is owned by the BIB so we wonder about them.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

I herd the same weird thing from a bunch of people living near Chong Chom and around the 224 towards ban Krouat...they all got visited by the army, doing house calls and giving evacuation drills and assembly plans doe the event Cambodia starts shelling again...this is not so reassuring about this military's regime intentions is it...

I thought nationwide curfew was dropped ??

I had been told by the cop here in the village that it was still standing as is (apparently a bomb went off in BKK shortly before it was due to be dropped so they didn't cancel it) and only tourist areas have been relaxed.

It sucked because it did affect our new business quite a bit. I was told yesterday actually that it is now dropped even here, just the army is a lot more present and checking everybody because we're in red shirt country here.

So no, no more curfew...but still a ton of checkpoints and army presence.

Back
Top Bottom