Stoner chooses retirment

bigntall

He'll be missed for sure, reminds me of watching Mick Doohan in the 2T era, back end everywhere.

Only when he's retired will alot of his critics realise what a rare talent he actually was.

Casey did it the hard way.
He became the best in the world at what he does.
He represented his country with talent and dignity.
He has made a small fortune from what he does.
And now that he has family commitments and priorities of his own, he has made an important decision and one that I respect.
He has also made a strong statement directed towards the MotoGP big-wigs; one that some Formula 1 guys could well make too.

'Onya Casey.

images-1.jpg

So he is giving up a career racing motorcycles all over the world, earning millions of dollars in the process, not too mention he is on the best bike at the best team, yet he gives it all up in favour of changing nappies and sleepless nights looking after a "daughter"...amazing. :WTF

He is 26 not 46 years old isnt he??

^ yeah a bit young IMO.

There are 1000`s of racers all over the world who crave to be in his position.
There`ll also be a lot of disappointed fans,but a chance for the also rans to pick up some GP wins :d

Next year will be interesting with the possibility of Rossi (Valentino 55) looking for a seat!

Stokes70 said:
So he is giving up a career racing motorcycles all over the world, earning millions of dollars in the process, not too mention he is on the best bike at the best team, yet he gives it all up in favour of changing nappies and sleepless nights looking after a "daughter"...amazing. :WTF

He is 26 not 46 years old isnt he??

So is it fair to assume offspring from #70 shall not be forthcoming?

I suppose I we were living in the real world it would be considered perfectly normal to have a kid at 26.

Haha yes it would be very fair to assume that Dazza!!

Its not the real world though is it, he is one of only maybe 10 people out of 7 billion that can ride a motorcycle that fast, he isnt even in the prime of his career yet( 29-30yrs old statistically speaking).
I admire the guy hugely for his skills but his attitude not so much, did you see his reasons he gave for his quitting?? agrieved at some bad press he gets and the emergence of the CRT bikes. what a load of piss, every rider has had bad press and slanderous articles written about them, they all seem to deal with it and continue racing. And regarding the CRT bikes, well it had to happen to curb astronomical costs in MotoGP, and if Stoner cant see the necessity in this to ensure the survival of the series then he is very self centred and even selfish.

Im sure he'll have fun racing his pram around the local playground though and moaning about the dirty tactics of the other mums.. :LOL

I guess you could say that Casey Stoner's talent outweighs his ambition.

I agree with many of the comments above. Stoner is a motorcycle racing genius spoiled by an almost sociopathic nature inherited from his father and it is quite obvious that he does not enjoy motorcycle racing. I also suspect that comes from how hard he was pushed by his father in the early years.

Whatever you think of this joyless genius, you have to recognise his integrity. He said in the closed season that he would quit rather than race CRTs and so it has come to pass. Many people in the MotoGP paddock said last year that fatherhood would change his outlook, so I think that has combined with the CRT issue and done for him.

Let's not forget Jorge Lorenzo in all this. He has a much easier personality than Stoner and I would argue is more naturally talented - something people forget because he goes so fast with his wheels in line! He can go on to make more history, albeit without a strong rival in one of the two top factory teams to push him to his limits after this year.

Its Official. Stoner has put ink to paper, will drive a V8 Super Car for Red Bull in the driver development series, should be interesting.
His practice times have been competitive for the development series but a bit slow for the big boys, as we all know he will progress.

I`m glad he was made to start off in the second-tier Dunlop Series as he`s never raced a car before or on any of the tracks in Australia besides Phillip Island on a bike.

Tough season coming up for him.

Told my 9 years-old son about Stoner's retirement, he 's sad!!!
However, it's his choice. Thanks to his great performance. Good luck to Stoner.

^ probably better than i thought he`d do but i think he has one of the better cars and crew in that field.

Correct!
My mistake; I got 'P1' instead of 'R2' when I checked website results.

Back
Top Bottom