Casey Stoner's career over???

MotoGP has only been running for 5 years so not many dads in amongst that lot. But there has been a lot of guys over the years in the 500 GP’s who have had kids whilst racing, Maybe not winning but still had kids during a racing season. I think many would be surprised if they check the status of all the riders in every class of who was married with kids.
It would not make the least difference to most of them other than the timing and I bet the riders would have even thought that through and timed the birth for the off-season.
Stoner and his father have always said that he will not continue past 30 years old. That family are loners and farmers.
Casey has been buying large farm properties the past few years. ( thousands of hectares) He will retire to that as soon as his finances are in order. He races for money, not for the love of the sport.

Colin Edwards mentioned this exact thing in either faster or the tornado, the doctor, and the kentucky kid.. That they say you lose a second per child. a second when you get married etc.. Then he grinned and went on to say how he won wsb after getting married and when the first kid came along.

I'm sure having a child won't make the slightest difference to Stoner's performance. He's on a mission to dominate the sport while he's there and make a stack of money, as Brian says.

He may need to find someone else to hold his brolly for the frst half of the 2012 season, though!!

The way he has won the last two races - a storming race despite difficulties in practice and qualifying - tells me that he has raised his game further and not even Lorenzo has got an answer for him now. Quite simply, he's riding the wheels off the best bike on the grid.

Good to see Rossi's race pace getting closer to the front yesterday, but I wonder if Ducati's decision to work on the GP11.1 bikes at today's 1000 test is going to mean that they start 2012 at a disadvantage.

Hmm, maybe the Sarge was onto something as rumours have it that he will retire soon - probably at the end of this 2012 season.

Brian66 said:
[highlight=#ff4040:26m4weaf]MotoGP has only been running for 5 years[/highlight:26m4weaf] so not many dads in amongst that lot. But there has been a lot of guys over the years in the 500 GP’s who have had kids whilst racing, Maybe not winning but still had kids during a racing season. I think many would be surprised if they check the status of all the riders in every class of who was married with kids.
It would not make the least difference to most of them other than the timing and I bet the riders would have even thought that through and timed the birth for the off-season.
Stoner and his father have always said that he will not continue past 30 years old. That family are loners and farmers.
Casey has been buying large farm properties the past few years. ( thousands of hectares) He will retire to that as soon as his finances are in order. He races for money, not for the love of the sport.
Excuse me? I seem to remember a Mr Rossi winning the inaugural MotoGP race on a Repsol Honda in '02.

The MotoGP bikes did come into GP racing in 2002 along with a smattering of 500`s that year.

Wayne Rainey won a championship after he had his first child.

Not sure if it'e been made clear or not but Stoner has announced retirement. Sad but true. Another good guy chosen to get married and slide down the slope.

Terrific last lap at Le Mans yesterday with Rossi & Stoner, great racing.

Back
Top Bottom