Speedshop Thailand - Amazing prices on motorcycles in Thailand - New & used.

KTMphil

Bikes
2007 KTM 990 Adventure Suzuki DRZ 400
Speedshop Thailand - Amazing prices on motorcycles in Thailand - New & used.

Jamie, who has successfully sourced, imported & registered numerous motorcycle's for friends & customers over the last couple of years, "in Thailand", has got his website all together, which gives an idea of what great deals he can produce on legally imported bikes in Thailand.

http://www.speedshopthailand.com/

2012-07-01_164228.jpg

To give you an idea -he can offer KTM 690 Enduro R bikes, brand new, with excise paid, ready for pick-up in Bangkok for 485,000 Bht. Go check out the price of this bike at Kunka the KTM dealer in Bangkok.

http://www.speedshopthailand.com/690-enduro-r/

ktm 690 enduro.jpg

New KTM 500 EXC's excise paid 405,000 Bht

http://www.speedshopthailand.com/500-exc-2/

500exc.jpg

There's many more great deals on Speedshop's website including supermotard bikes.

Importation - Door to Door

With many of our customers having homes around the world, we provide a competitive import service. We will arrange pick up of your motorcycle from anywhere in the world and deliver straight to your doorstep here in Thailand.
A motorcycle removal operation is a combination of different skills: advising, packing, transporting, customs clearing, delivering and reassembling - all of which are done under strict quality procedures. Please contact us for a free moving quote.

Jamie's contact details are:

Call Jamie on +66 80-806-1684
Or email us on contact@speedshopthailand.com

Discount applicable if you order 2 or more bikes.

RideAsia.net & it's administrators do not have any economic interest in Speedshop Thailand.

speedshop Thailand bad experience

Although I heard from some people there was a good service and sales it seems that is past.
I ordered a bike from Speedshop Thailand in 2012 but never got it. Had many excuses from the "bikes are on the way", "bikes will be in bkk this week" till "i'll call you back today". But sadly never get a call back or reply with any information.

After two months i started to ask for more info, after 3 months for my money back- it's Feb 2013!!. I have 2 friends order a bike from him and same story.Finally 5 months(!) later got my money back. Just like to aware all you guys that things are going down hill with service and reliability of speedshop. Not sure it is a money issue -but sure a lack of respect for customers. In all those months me, nor my freinds get any explanation what was going on or why bikes were not coming. Every time he was buying time by saying i call you back, bikes are on the way or next week.

Any one that want to buy a bike with speedshop, trust me, if the bike is in Thailand buy it. but my advice: dont down pay or pay in advance. Just dont wish any one goes trough the same as I did and pass it on. cheers

Cheers

I received this response from Speed Shop about an hour ago:

"
In response to this out of 114 motorcycles, cars , plant and machinery ..........i have imported there have been 2 incidents which people have not received the bikes they have ordered (both on the same shipment i might add) , i must stress though as soon as people asked for there money back it was paid in full the day after, i am sure they will admit this.

Right so back to the matter in hand , once bikes are shipped and are on the water i carn't jump aboard a boat and re pack or change invoices once they are in customs hands , this means if laws on imports change when shipments are due in, which anyone who has been here long enough knows they do and we dont get a long enough notification period , i cover costs involved and we move on.

Now i hold my hands up the dates are correct there was a massive period that is correct ordering to receiving goods should have taken 5 weeks,so he has every right to be very frustrated, i would be , it was a case of tea money endless runs to customs tea money ........and nothing happened , so thats when enough was enough i notified menno and re imbursed him in full and i took the hit on the bikes and returned them to the u.k .

I dont duck phone calls, for one i have my home phone number along with my mobile on the bottom of every email and on the main page of my website not many people go that far to make sure customers can get in touch with them when ever they like .

It's sad but i can take 3 years of hard work to build up a good reputation and a single incident to ruin one , if anything this should prove if the worse should happen i am a man of my word and people would not loose a penny .

I do stock bikes and iv paid for bikes in full before and i got a brand new BMW S1000rr stolen from me by a customer last year , so thats one reason i do take deposit's . In all business no matter how hard you work your all ways going to have some unforeseeable issues especially here , i did rectify the issue and have since change ports and importing procedures . ''proof is in the pudding'' so they say ,anyone one wanting references from previous people i have imported for i can put them in touch .

Anyone who has had ordered with me in the past , did you get you bike ? feel free to post away"

To be fair I've received all the bikes I've ordered within a timely manner, (could do with a couple of other wee bits - wink wink)
Paperwork side of things leaves some room for improvement, whether this be down to Speedshop or Thai legislation I don't know. I think it's pretty much the same story with most situations involving good ole Thailand and paperwork, if your not prepared to wait don't bother and buy a KLX, CRF or whatever instead. There's always going to be some element of risk and that's up to yourself to decide if your prepared to take it on. This is not the UK or USA when ordering a bike. I think everybody is aware that Thai customs are clamping down big time with grey imports, I'm only glad there are still channels bringing decent bikes in for decent prices rather than forking out for the extortionate prices there asking for the same bike within Thailand (KTM?)
im definitely not an 100% satisfied customer but then again I wouldn't be riding around on the nice bikes I have and its purely down to Jamie's efforts and I still have money left over to pay for hospital bills!
Stroll on dude and keeps those nice bikes coming in.

ps this is just my experience andopinion ofcourse

Hi guys,
I have been waiting not 5 weeks but 5 MONTHS for my bike, ordered half November 2012. It is not a question of patience as i am actually still waiting for the bike to be shipped by speedshop! But this time by air. . So I actually gave a second chance to make up the "unlucky situation with customs" and let the bike be shipped in by air this time, March 18..

But in speedshop reply on this forum- that solution is not even mentioned (sending a bike by air)- strange as it would be a reasonable explanation there is still a bike on it's way..
April2nd was last time i receive mail from speedshop confirming about finding a shipper for air freight. I don't get a reply on my last two mails of April 16 and 22- and I gave up on this circus. .
Again I don't want nobody to go trough this same experience and share. What surprises me, now I post this we all get a very reasonable explanation about customs I never even got.

If I would get a reasonable excuse and explanation with a solution for the delivery of my bike (s) delivery I would NOT have to post about it but share my rides with all of you. Im even still willing to take an apology and accept a solution but I think I gave enough room for that already.

I am very happy for everyone that did get a bike and good service, but I think that a normal thing..(?)and has nothing to do with Thailand at all.
please all guys that have good experience post away indeed as I don't want to ruin the party!
Have fun riding out there..

Lets get some things straight

Do i have a single baht of your money ?

Did you receive your deposit back in full a day after ?

Did i receive abusive sms 's and a phone call even after i offered to airfreight the bike for you and an additional bike at cost price ?

If i am such a bad person why would you want an additional bike from me now not just the 1 you originally wanted ?

This is the reason iv not shipped any bikes again for this gentleman , i was in the process of rectifying the problem and i got an abusive phone call (probably drunk) but never the less , so we can probably see this is the last effort in order to get me to bring the bikes in for him , he is wasting his time i don't deal with arse holes !!

As i said in my previous post things were changed in the process of bringing bikes in i learnt from it , and iv had over 20 bikes in since , like i said some feedback good or bad from any existing clients would be useful .

I ordered my bike with SpeedshopThailand back when I didnt know the guy one bit. No problems at all ordered in January '12 bike arrived in March '12, paid 2/3's of the price up front and the rest on delivery of the bike. Worked a dream and I couldnt be happier with my bike. Sorry to hear that some have not been as satisfied but some things, i.e customs regulations and tax intricacies are beyond anyones control.

I have had 3 separate orders completed via Jamie at the Speed Shop. Two XR650R's I picked up from Bangkok still in their crates, and as he said not one nut or bolt was missing. I ordered an obscure enduro bike that has been discontinued and and very hard to find a good example of, ( FE570 ) it was delivered as per order. Another order was a spare engine from Australia, for which Jamie organised all the paperwork at both ends via his contacts, pick up from the seller etc.

Anyone familiar with past motorcycle importers into Thailand, lost bikes, wrong models, dealers absconding with all the customers monies, impounded bikes etc would find Jamie a lot easier and trustworthy to deal with. I ask what would your chances be of getting any money back from a Thai motorcycle grey market importer ?

Fair enough the paperwork could be improved , and sometimes the communications are slow. Overall a good result for me.

Ordered the bike begin/mid January and it got here last Saturday, so a bit less that 4 months to get it.

During transport from BKK the clutch lever got broken, and even though it is not directly Jamie's fault, he is already sending a new lever. Also he added 2 litres of 2S oil with the bike.

What more would you expect here in Thailand, I got a brand new KTM 300 for a price that can't be beaten in the country.

DSC_0493[1].jpg

Ordered the bike begin/mid January and it got here last Saturday, so a bit less that 4 months to get it.

During transport from BKK the clutch lever got broken, and even though it is not directly Jamie's fault, he is already sending a new lever. Also he added 2 litres of 2S oil with the bike.

What more would you expect here in Thailand, I got a brand new KTM 300 for a price that can't be beaten in the country.

View attachment 17219

Congratulations on the new machine Max.
Its gonna cost you a small fortune buying all orange gear to go with it now haha...happy shopping

I just noticed it the XC-W model (US?) did it come with a headlight???

Congratulations on the new machine Max.
Its gonna cost you a small fortune buying all orange gear to go with it now haha...happy shopping

I just noticed it the XC-W model (US?) did it come with a headlight???

2 good points!

- What are you going to do with all that blue riding gear?

- Are you going to get the Trail Tech Headlight?

X2 KTM Kits: Torch Halogen at Trail Tech Home

36E3A-70_w450.jpg

2013 models come with just front and back lights, no turning lights or emission crap stuff :)
and yes, US model.

Someone's a happy camper!! Congrats Max, bet Fon's gonna be sleeping on the floor now eh? Better start stocking up on the exhaust pipes as I reckon the dinging of it will start soon enough. Can't wait to hear how you like it.

Someone's a happy camper!! Congrats Max, bet Fon's gonna be sleeping on the floor now eh? Better start stocking up on the exhaust pipes as I reckon the dinging of it will start soon enough. Can't wait to hear how you like it.

Max get yourself at least 2, 240ml baby milk bottles for carrying the 2 stroke mix, it's the easiest way to measure out the mix at the gas station.

Never sent from an I-Phone

Max get yourself at least 2, 240ml baby milk bottles for carrying the 2 stroke mix, it's the easiest way to measure out the mix at the gas station.

Never sent from an I-Phone

Going for a first ride this Friday, 10am at 700 years stadium, everyone is welcome to join :)

Not even one week after I got the bike I already received a new clutch lever and some goodies. Cheers Jamie!

l8A898NdKY5rL819EO_OiR4wmOvatBpFdT30adlAlPA.jpg

Back
Top Bottom