Southern Asia Trip 2015

Capss

Bikes
Suzuki RF400R, BMW R1100S, BMW 1200GSA, BMW 800GS, Gas Gas 450F, Honda CRF250X Yamaha XT600E, Honda CB500x
I am look at Air Freighting my bike over from the UK to ride Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Myanmar, Malaysia and possibly Vietnam. I have had a quote of GBP 1295 to get the bike out to Thailand or Malaysia which includes crating and paperwork etc.. and an even more expensive one to get back to UK

Is there a good Company in Thailand who does Air Freight to the UK and the does crating also
Once i get my Bike to Thailand can you unpack the crate at customs and leave the crate there or do you need to remove it and do the unpacking somewhere else.

Any other info would be grateful

Thanks in advance :banana:
Caps

Leave your prize bike at home. Fly over here, buy a bike, ride it all around, sell the bike,
then fly home to meet up with your prize bike. In years past, was not easy to find a big
bike here, so a lot of people including myself flew bikes over to Thailand. Now there is no
need to do that. The goal here is to ride around and have fun. No one actually cares
about what bike you are on......

If you absolutely positively must have your tricked out bike here, then find an international air shipper who has roll on roll off pallets to put the bike on. That way at the Bangkok airport customs, you simply bring a few liters of gas, unstrap the bike, gas it , and roll away into Bangkok traffic... :-)

Thanks, that's not a bad idea, but can you go to all the other countries if i buy a bike in Thailand??
Also what about bringing all your bike kit etc over with you
Would i get a half decent bike for about GBP 2000 ??

Back
Top Bottom