Sony vs GoPro action cam.Your experience/suggestions?

Forest

Bikes
Vstrom650,CRF250 , Ducati 900ss ,Yamaha YZ250, Virago 400 etc..
Hi everyone,I'm considerating the Sony action cam .From a little research on youtube seems having better picture then gopro, i like the colors better.also Sony has a gps feature (that gopro don't have)which is nice.
any first hand experience ?i think is a good buy at about same price

No experience with the Sony but I would investigate the available mounting options as this impacts a moto-video; a variety of shooting positions helps keep the viewer engaged. This is where buying into the GoPro eco-system has its benefits.

Hoping the soon to be released (according to some) Hero 4 will have the GPS feature too.

Hero 4 delayed to march 2015..Sony has a handy adaptor to use any gopro accessories.thanx for reply anyway

:LOL

No experience with the Sony but I would investigate the available mounting options as this impacts a moto-video; a variety of shooting positions helps keep the viewer engaged. This is where buying into the GoPro eco-system has its benefits.

Hoping the soon to be released (according to some) Hero 4 will have the GPS feature too.

Have you seen Techmoan's review of a Sony action cam? Not sure if it's the model you are considering but I remember watching it earlier this year and his final high assessment of it.

I can wait until March next year for my next GoPro, but no later as I'm back in the UK in April and want to buy it then. I'm also going to pick up two SJ4000's to mount on the bike, one facing forward, one back. These will help vary shots and are only £75, so in a spill I won't be as gutted to smash one up. The additional functionality offered by the GoPro isn't needed for the basic shooting I intend with these cheap cameras.

I'm a pre-backer of the Airdog auto follow drone, which is only compatible with GoPro (not clones such as the SJ4000). This was one of the reasons I bought this make of action cam. Shipping end of November (hopefully). Should be 'up and running' by the end of the year!

Back
Top Bottom