Single Track Heaven - Chai Prakan N. Thailand - Enduro Ride - Bush wacking - Scorpions - Quick Sand and Smokin Bacon

EndoJim

Bikes
Ducati Multistrada, FE450, CRF300
Chai Prakan is still one my all time favorite places to ride northern Thailand. Rick had check out a new area to the west of where we normally ride. He asked me to come up and check it out. Glad I did... The trails were fantastic. Unfortunately as usual I thought we were going out for a quick ride and it turn into an adventure with out my GPS, GoPro or a charged battery on for the camera. Oh well, I'll share the pictures I did managed to take before the camera died.

We woke up a little late and could feel the heat coming on strong. Filled the hydro packs up and hit the trail for a small loop. The trail head was just outside of the village and I could tell right away it was going to be an awesome ride. Perfect trails with nearly no ruts or rocks, just single track heaven.

We got split up for a moment as I got caught up in the moment checking out all the possibilities. Zigged when I should have zagged.

We stopped in an area that looked as though it burned a week or too earlier. Guessing most likely they will burn again before the rainy season.

Greener trails ahead.

Definitely a warm day.

We bushed wacked our way into a bamboo forest. Stopped to check out if we could make it through.

Just before we headed out I was telling Rick about breaking a piece of bamboo out of my path, on a ride I did and a huge nest of ants pour out all over me. SUCKED!!!
So what does he do? He breaks a piece of bamboo pictured on the right over my shoulder. I feel something crawling on my neck, I quickly bat it off and find a big brown scorpion. Fucker... :)Gave me the Heebie-jeebies for a while.

Yes there is a trail in there somewhere:)Both of us were game so continued bashing our way thorough

Broke out of the bushes onto the river bed.

To be continue...

River run...

Rick handled the rocks standing up like a pro.

Rick decide to go straight down the river and I chose the single track on the left.

This was just before Rick swamped his bike in the dark mud.

Sunk it to the foot pegs :)

Looking at my path across it was not going to be much better for me.

I hit it with as much speed as I could and almost sunk immediately

Looking forward at the river bed ahead, I'm asking myself why did I picked this spot to cross. Eventually I made it through with a lot of pushing, cussing and throttle.

To be continued...

Nice work Jim, some nice trails as I recall heading North East towards the 109 I've done before, sympathise with you on the crossing easy to misjudge that runoff sand for terra firma

By the time I got myself unstuck and walked up to Rick, he had also pulled himself out.

Walking down the stream to see how soft the sand was

Rick successfully across. Funny does not look so bad from the pictures but it was hard work in the heat :)

I smell bacon... We had a good laugh about this picture...

Seemed like a good idea to take this shot but I about died from smoke inhalation :)

We reached the back side of the revivor. Still fairly large in the dry season.

Couple locals boys building a fishing stand. Looked to me like they were going to fish with a crossbow.

Rick got a little throttle happy and spun out. As always the local guy waded over and lent a hand. Never ceases to amaze me how kind and helpful the country farmers are...

Unfortunately my camera died after this picture. This was about a third of the ride. Looping back shortly after this point the trails were fantastic. Perfectly groomed single tracks with some challenging hill climbs. Hill climbs were mostly done trying to find the trail.

Jim

2 broken rips, but ride 5 days more. I just thought a rib bruise. Later in Ram Hospital CNX after XRay I know what happen. My present Business Class free with Emirates back to Hamburg haha.

2 broken rips, but ride 5 days more. I just thought a rib bruise. Later in Ram Hospital CNX after XRay I know what happen. My present Business Class free with Emirates back to Hamburg haha.

Sometimes the most innocent of falls can cause the most damage, ribs can be a bitch to heal.

Looks like you landed directly on a rock with your arm out above your head. No doubt that would take a couple ribs out.

RA1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom