Single Track Heaven Chaiprakan, Thailand – Enduro day ride with the girls

EndoJim

Bikes
Ducati Multistrada, FE450, CRF300
Some of my favorite single track trails in Thailand so far. East of Chaiprakan heading towards Chiang Rai. The little woman and I went out for a day ride with another couple.

1.jpg

Came across a couple farmers stuck in the mud. Helped them out with a little push and they were on their way.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Wheelie for the young man...

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Friendly Lisu villager farmers

10.jpg

11.jpg

My wife is killing it... must be her shiny new pink boots
12.jpg

13.jpg

Feeling frisky making the pass on me

14.jpg

15.jpg

Thank God it finally posted... I must have loaded the pics and wrote comments in 10 times in the last few days... Each time the site stalls and I lose everything...:MG

Farmer make awesome single tracks... Great thing about this place is their so many loops big and small

16.jpg

17.jpg

Everyone made it through...
18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

I went ahead to scout the trail out to see if everyone could make it...
30.jpg

Ended up being way to over grown for the ladies. I'm sure they could have made it but not with a smile.
31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

Thank God it finally posted... I must have loaded the pics and wrote comments in 10 times in the last few days... Each time the site stalls and I lose everything...:MG

Nope nothing has changed, no reports of issues uploading by other members, which browser are you using Jim.

Yes, vBulletin (the forum software) givesyou an hour to prepare the trip report and after that all your hard work disappears. Best is to write it in a text editor - I use Edit Pad lite - and once I have it written down the way I want it to show I just do Copy/Paste the text to the forum and add my pictures.

Thank God it finally posted... I must have loaded the pics and wrote comments in 10 times in the last few days... Each time the site stalls and I lose everything...

If you use a Mac you can also compose your post in notes, and likewise copy and paste the whole thing (including Flickr links if you use it) to your post window, also the autosave feature kicks in every 20 seconds so if you have a break in your internet connection just click on the auto restore bottom left to refresh your content, so long as you don't log out during the process.

Both good sounds advise.

On the long detailed post that you want to save before posting.
I use Grammarly and can import as an Add-ons?
1 The post is saved on a 3rd party program
2. Checks your spelling mistakes?

Amazing Thailand... the views and variety of trails are amazing. Unfortunately, I lost or inadvertently deleted the rest of the photos for this ride.

34.jpg

35.jpg

36.jpg

37.jpg

39.jpg

40.jpg

42.jpg

43.jpg

44.jpg

45.jpg

Thanks for the info Bob. The issue is when you hit the post tab the page redirects then hangs and goes white.

View attachment 61483

When you go back to the page this is what you end up with. No option to retrieve the auto save
View attachment 61484

Thanks Jim for that, never known of an issue such as this, will see if i can do anything at this end :giving: BTW nice pictures....

Glad to see the Berg emjoying the trails of Chai Prakhan!!! Looks like its had some rain as well.

Great to see your wife enjoying the tracks as well!!! Maybe I need to get some pink boots as well so I can start "killing" it as well.

I've only done one track from Chai Prakhan over to the 118, A bit of ST but mostly fireroad.

P1090786-XL.jpg

Its funny you had the same issue with the site losing your posts, I just had the same thing last night haha.

Thanks to Bob and others for shining a loight on the issue.

Do you have any GPS tracks or waypoints of where you were riding? I always love exploring new areas. Are you living in Chai Prakhan?

Thanks for the post.

Thanks for the info Bob. The issue is when you hit the post tab the page redirects then hangs and goes white.

View attachment 61483

When you go back to the page this is what you end up with. No option to retrieve the auto save
View attachment 61484

Yes, that is the problem - there is no warning and once you hit the button "Submit / Post" the whole thing disappears - very frustrating in particular when you have been working on it for some time. When you draft the post in a Text Editor you can stop, save it and continue with it when ever you have time.

Glad to see the Berg emjoying the trails of Chai Prakhan!!! Looks like its had some rain as well.

Great to see your wife enjoying the tracks as well!!! Maybe I need to get some pink boots as well so I can start "killing" it as well.

I've only done one track from Chai Prakhan over to the 118, A bit of ST but mostly fireroad.

P1090786-XL.jpg

Its funny you had the same issue with the site losing your posts, I just had the same thing last night haha.

Thanks to Bob and others for shining a loight on the issue.

Do you have any GPS tracks or waypoints of where you were riding? I always love exploring new areas. Are you living in Chai Prakhan?

Thanks for the post.

Unfortunately I lost my GPS. I'll be back from work next week and will have look to see if I have the tracks on the Trail Tech GPS mounted to the bike. Live in Chiang Mai but ride in Chai Prakan quite a bit. Attached screen shot will give you an idea of the direction and area. Track starts from the Amazon Café on the 107.

CP single tracks.jpg

There are lots of tracks east of Chai Prakan, I spent a good time exploring out that way a few years ago

Back
Top Bottom