Shitty buttons on Garmin GPS units.

Cycle Wallah

Bikes
Merida Big Nine Lite Team Issue mountain bike.
Anyone else have this problem with the buttons wearing out? I have emailed Garmin about this. Will let you know what they say. I have fixed mine with rolled up electrical tape.

IMG_20181201_100049.jpg

IMG_20181201_100120.jpg

No problems with any of my units Paul.

The last time I remember you talking about shitty buttons was when you were telling me about the camping trick with Cadbury's Milk Buttons

Same issue this week with my 650T Montana

Was on a trip with 5 other guys the other week out of the five four of us had exactly the same problem, there used to be a Russian company on Ebay that sold the back bodies, but i just cut some inner tube and made an epoxy patch just need to make sure you have a small piece of rubber or such over the switch button so when you press it finds the switch. Been this way for almost three years now and no issues.

20181203_092621.jpg

Was on a trip with 5 other guys the other week out of the five four of us had exactly the same problem, there used to be a Russian company on Ebay that sold the back bodies, but i just cut some inner tube and made an epoxy patch just need to make sure you have a small piece of rubber or such over the switch button so when you press it finds the switch. Been this way for almost three years now and no issues.

View attachment 67174
I think that Russian guy is still on ebay.

I am using a 60Cx mapping GPs Paul, these things are tough, its been down the stairs a few times and dropped loads more but keeps working
Had a etrex that was underwater for while. After 2 days drying out it came back to life.

Got an email from Garmin. The unit is out or warranty so they have offered to replace it for a fixed cost of £74.40. Which is cheaper than buying a new one.
Screenshot_20181205-120848.jpg

I would recommend doing it from England Paul, my 60 blew up 5 or 6 years ago and it was sent to Taiwan with $100 for them to fix it or replace it with a refurbished one.
Auke handled it for me as he was aware of the procedure and everything went well until it came back to Thailand, customs here wanted an import certificate and other rubbish, when it was pointed out it was just a warranty replacement they wouldnt let it go until a bribe had been paid

I would recommend doing it from England Paul, my 60 blew up 5 or 6 years ago and it was sent to Taiwan with $100 for them to fix it or replace it with a refurbished one.
Auke handled it for me as he was aware of the procedure and everything went well until it came back to Thailand, customs here wanted an import certificate and other rubbish, when it was pointed out it was just a warranty replacement they wouldnt let it go until a bribe had been paid
Yes I was going to do it from England.

Back
Top Bottom