Route suggestion for North East Thailand

MustakimQZ

Hi guys,

Planning to do East Thailand this time around on my limited 12 days trip. I'm heading up from KL to Surat Thani on Day 1 and Day 2 will hopefully hit Petchabun. Now here is where I'm at a crossroad (literally). I want to head to Nakhon Phanom so do I head up and hug the Mekong and Laos border all the way passing through Nong Khai (road 211 and 212) or do I hit road 22 cutting across east towards Nakhon Phanom via Udon Thani.

Someone told me i should forget option 1 and go for option 2 as the roads from Nakhon Phanom to Ubon Ratchasima is nicer and i should focus on that.

Appreciate your thoughts guys.

Hi guys,

Planning to do East Thailand this time around on my limited 12 days trip. I'm heading up from KL to Surat Thani on Day 1 and Day 2 will hopefully hit Petchabun. Now here is where I'm at a crossroad (literally). I want to head to Nakhon Phanom so do I head up and hug the Mekong and Laos border all the way passing through Nong Khai (road 211 and 212) or do I hit road 22 cutting across east towards Nakhon Phanom via Udon Thani.

Someone told me i should forget option 1 and go for option 2 as the roads from Nakhon Phanom to Ubon Ratchasima is nicer and i should focus on that.

Appreciate your thoughts guys.

I think I'd take R 212 along the Mekong River.

Thanks guys. Ya i think i'll take the 212 option as well and make my way down. If there's any suggestions as to places to visit or an interesting route just shout guys. I fly by the seat of my pants and make changes as i go along:)

Back
Top Bottom