Riding my Kawasaki Z250 for 3 days

Changnoi1

Bikes
Kawasaki Z250
After 3 years riding my Versys (40.000 km) and 3 months my CB500F (6000 km) I bought a Kawasaki Z250 about 2 months ago. Going from the Versys (650cc) to the CB500F (470cc) was already a bit of reduce of power on the throttle. So a step further to the Z250 (250cc) was a bit of a risk in losing too much power on the throttle.

The Z250 has a long and pain-staking break-in period. But finally I could make a 3 day tour about 800 km (Khon Kaen, Petchabun, Loei, Khon Kaen) to test the motorbike.

I learned a few things,
On the highways the power is enough for me, with the naked concept it makes you feel going 130km/h when you are doing 100km/h.
At higher RPM there is surprisingly much power for overtaking, but missing a 7th gear (I am not used to high rev bike).
The seat is shit! Are there gel-seats for the Z250 or Ninja 250/300?
Brakes are fine but when making a quick stop for a u-turning car my rear wheel slipped a bit. Do I need ABS or better tires (now stock IRC)?
I love my new handle-bar (from a ER6N).
Going up Khao Kho needs a bit more shifting and just does not go that easy (as the Versys).
The little engine is doing great millage (much better as the Versys or CB500F).
Mirrors are very narrow, especially my right one shows more of my arm as of the road. Do I need mirror extenders or just wider mirrors ?

Not related to my bike but while parked at a gasoline station I came back and my helmet was on another place on my bike. Did it fly away? The helmet has some scratches and was dirty. Now coming home and cleaning my helmet I see that there are actually cracks in the outer shell. Did it fall and car hit? Did someone try a helmet crash test?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
2wheels Bike Talk 0
CraigBKK Bike Talk 0
bikesncats Bike Talk 112
2wheels Bike Talk 2
johnnysneds Bike Talk 6
Back
Top Bottom