Returning Bike to Thailand from long ride abroad.

warrimurf

Bikes
2013 Ducati Multistrada 1200s
Has anyone got any information on what happens after a long trip out of Thailand?
I rode to UK, on exit I asked for 6 month temp export but was repeatedly ignored and given 1 month.
Bike will have been out of Thailand for about 5 months before I get it back
Question is has anyone else done this and what was the result.
Bike is being shipped to Cambodia and I intend to drive it up to Chaing Khong crossing whare I exited Thailand.
Customs officer said no problem as I left but I have my doubts

prince666

Bikes
CF 250 Jetlux. CFmoto 650 MT Honda CRF 1000 DCT Yamaha 125 YBR KG
Yes a stupid law.
Yes only allowed out of Thailand for MAX 30 day.
Then it's down to a fine?
Per day with a MAX of I think but it's one of there 10K or 20K
Welcome to the land of smiles.

warrimurf

Bikes
2013 Ducati Multistrada 1200s

I have loads of pictures on Fb and am making vids and 360 pictures/video to follow.
Easy journey no hassles at frontiers Insurance for each country available at borders never more than $50 for 2 weeks.
Bike ran like a dream and only needed normal maintenance.

All the bikes 14 of them struggled over 4,000m the BMW800 and Chinese copy's being the worst the best was the Triumph Tiger 800 which appeared unaffected much to our surprise.

All of us had falls and most if not all bent at least one rim, the bikes with cast alloy wheels suffered quite badly but they were repaired locally with great skill and perfect results.

Personally I fell 8 times mostly due to the engine stalling during U turns and crashed heavily once doing too fast on soft gravel. Got well hurt and damaged my foot quite badly in the above video but there is no footage of the crash you just see the RH mirror is not there any more.
Foot took 6 weeks to recover and is still a bit swollen. Bike hardly suffered due to preparation for such an event.

Easy journey no hassles at frontiers Insurance for each country available at borders never more than $50 for 2 weeks.
Bike ran like a dream and only needed normal maintenance.

All the bikes 14 of them struggled over 4,000m the BMW800 and Chinese copy's being the worst the best was the Triumph Tiger 800 which appeared unaffected much to our surprise.

All of us had falls and most if not all bent at least one rim, the bikes with cast alloy wheels suffered quite badly but they were repaired locally with great skill and perfect results.

Personally I fell 8 times mostly due to the engine stalling during U turns and crashed heavily once doing too fast on soft gravel. Got well hurt and damaged my foot quite badly in the above video but there is no footage of the crash you just see the RH mirror is not there any more.
Foot took 6 weeks to recover and is still a bit swollen. Bike hardly suffered due to preparation for such an event.

bsacbob

Administrator
Staff member
Bikes
Honda CRM-AR 250, Honda CRF 250-L, Suzuki V Strom XT 650 Honda XR250 Baja BMW F650GS
Looks like you have that AT nicely set up for the trip, i notice a couple of your video clips are dead you may want to try opening up the video in You Tube or face book, right click and copy url at current time and paste it into the media drop down toggle in the posting pane.

Looking forward to more of your adventure.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Announcements, Suggestions and Support 6