Vietnam to India Motor Bike Ride

Ojas Oneness

Bikes
SUZUKI GZ 150-A
Hello friends, This Ojas Oneness, an Indian, currently living in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. I want to Make a motorbike trip from Vietnam to India. this is my first international Road trip. I don't have an idea about what kind of documents I needed. So far I know, needed an International Driving License, passport, Arrival Visa ( I hope I can take at the border) Bike Registration card, Innusrance ( I don't have an idea what kind of internal national insurance I need to take).

Please let me know if I am missing any details or information to face the Customs at the border.

your suggestions will be big support for me.

with gratitude

Ojas Oneness

Snakeboy

Bikes
Honda Crf 250L 2012, Yamaha XT660Z Tenere 2011
In Thailand and Myanmar you will need guides and permits on a vietnamese plated bike. Its expensive and needs to be arranged in advance.

Ojas Oneness

Bikes
SUZUKI GZ 150-A
Thank you for the information! How can I get this guides contact to arrange in advance? And you said it’s expensive, may I know how much expensive it is? This trip I am doing on budget. Best regards.

Snakeboy

Bikes
Honda Crf 250L 2012, Yamaha XT660Z Tenere 2011
How expensive it is you will have to ask those who provide such services. Usually the most economical way to do it is to join a group of overland travellers or form your own group and let other join in - to reduce the costs.

Not that there will be many other overland travellers now in these Covid-19 times.

Here is a facebookgroup for overland travelling in Thailand and one for Myanmar...

Detailed information can be found in the «announcements» section up to the left.

blackwolf

Bikes
Honda Sonic 125cc, 4 wheels, about to buy a 250cc dirt bike
Will probably be a while before you'll be able to undertake the trip! Maybe next year!

2wheels

Administrator
Staff member
Bikes
Honda Rebel 500
Welcome Ojas.
Have a look in the 'Vietnam Ride Reports' section in this forum because you might find useful information there also.

Top Bottom