Rainy season viz-ability up Doi Suthep mountain

KTMphil

Bikes
2007 KTM 990 Adventure Suzuki DRZ 400
Rainy season viz-ability up Doi Suthep mountain

Took the Suzuki DRZ 400 SM with the 440 kit & high lift cams for a test ride up Doi Suthep mountain, Chiang Mai, yesterday & it was one of the the clearest days, with great views all the way east to the Lampang province mountain range.

dst 3.jpg

dst 2 1000.jpg

You can see R 11/ Superhighway to the left of center in the photo below

dst 4.jpg

Looks like they may have been getting ready for a Royal visit with the helicopter landing pad freshly marked

hel pad 1.jpg

hel pad 2.jpg

Certainly lovely clear views from up there right now Phil

Hows the 440 and cams worked out ??

And have you got the 39mm on it sorted yet ?? Did it need the petcock ???

LivinLOS said:
Hows the 440 and cams worked out ??

And have you got the 39mm on it sorted yet ?? Did it need the petcock ???
'

Cams feel good, lots of immediate power, Luke took it for a spin and thinks the jetting needs sorting at high rpms as the power fall off there and shouldn't (this is with the original carb on that has been re jetted)

The 39mm pumper carb will be fitted Monday, a couple of "adapters" are needed, Tum the Harley guy is doing it.

yeah a 440 kit with the stock carb not getting enough through when revving seems logical..

Of course the 39mm needs the 3x3 to get enough air to balance the fuel mix.. So I read anyway.

get that carb on and it will shift. hassmans bike pulls away from everyones in a roll on and the only difference is the carb, it pulls about 15 bike lengths from 70-140kph, I also rode a carbed DRZ in bangkok once and it was soooo much nicer than the stock, this mod is certainly the way to go for more power from the DRZ, hope Tum knows his stuff and gets it sorted out for you!! then ill take for another test ride! :MJ

Very interesting Mr. Stokes, hopefully your findings will transpire on this little beast.

Stokes70 said:
get that carb on and it will shift. hassmans bike pulls away from everyones in a roll on and the only difference is the carb, it pulls about 15 bike lengths from 70-140kph, I also rode a carbed DRZ in bangkok once and it was soooo much nicer than the stock, this mod is certainly the way to go for more power from the DRZ, hope Tum knows his stuff and gets it sorted out for you!! then ill take for another test ride! :MJ

Mine came with a 39mm on there but it hasnt had the 3x3 done so not to full potential..

I have decided to wait until after I get a planned tour out of the way before dropping the 440 in and doing the 3x3 as I just dont need any teething issues last minute. That leaves me cams for if and when boredom sets in.

Anyone ridden a stroker big bore ?? Up at around 490cc then but at a fair bit more cost. Considered going all out but not sure how it would effect reliability. I know even just the carb reduces tank range a lot.. I hit reserve in 130kms on a Pai run.

That bike looks very familiar, didn't happen to get into a race up Doi Suthep against a red CBR 150 did you?

If its the same bike, it's very loud ! :G I could hear you trying to pass me the whole time. :)

It's the same bike!

KRS1 said:
That bike looks very familiar, didn't happen to get into a race up Doi Suthep against a red CBR 150 did you?

If its the same bike, it's very loud ! :G I could hear you trying to pass me the whole time. :)

HaH ! Well nice to meet you ! :LOL I had to readjust my clutch after that little debacle. My left foot kept scraping the ground in the lefties you were chasing me so hard while i was trying to get away....lol

Then you passed me on the straights :lol:

Must get rearsets & cam :DD

Back
Top Bottom