bikeoncar.jpg

AsianGP..

Attachments

• AsianGP.JPG
    AsianGP.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 765
The Moped Cone

301126_476798795684131_455904699_n.jpg

This invention, despite of its simple brilliance and usability (the Swedish Army had tons of these for their motorcycle messengers in the day), was overrun by newer technology - like the motorcycle helmet with covering visor. The moped cone over time infiltrated into civilian life, and although it was mocked and ridiculed it was pretty smart in its simplicity. When riding a moped or motorcycle in the winter, and as long as you kept a reasonable speed, the cone helped form a cushion of warm air in front of your face, preventing the cold winter air from entering and deep-freezing your face. This surely saved a lot of noses from frostbite. In the summer the cone would prevent raindrops or insects from hitting your face, but as far as we can remember they were mostly used in the winter.

Road in Myeik

Its amazing what the locals will put their underbones through.
Looks fun!
271173_400694403335987_2124753075_n.jpg

"adventure riding" = :topes

Whenever I see a photo like this, I'm ashamed to use the expression "adventure riding"...and when I do use it, I picture a spotless GS next a middle-age couple sipping capuccino in their flip up helmets dressed in the last Touratech collection flipping through the last "ADV mag" (fictionary title).

A recovered victim:lost

Back
Top Bottom