Problem Laos Entry Houay Xay

asiarider

Bikes
Suzuki DRZ 400, BMW R Nine T
I got information not more than 3 motorbikes get entry in Northlaos. When you arrive at the border 4 or 5 or more bikes no entry anymore. Thats fact....?

Your information is correct, if there are 3 or more you need to pay for a tour, I posted an update on these restrictions earlier in the forum.

4 friends of mine came back yesterday from Chiang Khong no entry with 4 bikes too Laos they close the border for motorbikes in Northern Laos they said.....

Wow thanks for the heads up, this crossing was fine just a few weeks ago. Bad news for Laos and for motorcycle travellers as this was one of the easiest crossings.

Did they try to cross as a group of 4? Could this be the reason the couldn't cross?

When you booking a Trip now the Laopolice guides the Trip. I got a email from a agent from Udonxay., no fun

I am planning to cross the border with a rental bike in March 2019 alone. Is that possible?

I am planning to cross the border with a rental bike in March 2019 alone. Is that possible?

Totally.

We've had DRZs and a CRF across there (Chiang Khong / Huay Xai) - three in the last month. Two came back out the same way, the third came back out at Muang Ngeun / Huai Kon. No problems at all.

We had two bikes try to get into Muang Ngeun (against our advice) and they were refused. They then did as we had advised, and got in at Huay Xai

Correct paperwork is essential.

Totally.

We've had DRZs and a CRF across there (Chiang Khong / Huay Xai) - three in the last month. Two came back out the same way, the third came back out at Muang Ngeun / Huai Kon. No problems at all.

We had two bikes try to get into Muang Ngeun (against our advice) and they were refused. They then did as we had advised, and got in at Huay Xai

Correct paperwork is essential.
Do you work for a fee to get "Correct paperwork"? I'm interested in getting through Chiang Khong / Huay Xai. Also, I'd like to ride a small KLX 150BF.

You will not be able to cross into Laos on a bike less than 250cc sorry to say. If you hire a bike from any reputable company like CP in Chiang Mai or CR Big Bike in Chiang Rai they will take care of all the paperwork for you.

Do you work for a fee to get "Correct paperwork"? I'm interested in getting through Chiang Khong / Huay Xai. Also, I'd like to ride a small KLX 150BF.

We do the paperwork for our rental bikes for a minimal fee. We don't do it for other bikes. We've spent a lot of time getting the documents in order for our bikes, so that customers can have a hassle-free border crossing.

We recently had a person come in with a bike from one of the major rental firms in town, where he'd been given the run-around by the staff with regard to Laos paperwork. We couldn't help him... because it needs permission from the bike owner, copies of their ID documents, etc, etc.

Back
Top Bottom