Powerful motorcycles face tougher regulation

bsacbob

Administrator (Retired)
Bikes
Honda CRM-AR 250, Honda CRF 250-L, Suzuki V Strom XT 650 Honda XR250 Baja BMW F650GS
Looks like this is reappearing once again, The Bangkok Post is reporting new tests are in the Pipeline and a suggestion of forward facing number plates may well be considered to catch speeders.

Big bikes will be redefined in the law and riders of the vehicles subject to stricter licensing procedures to increase road safety, according to highway police.

Highway Police Division (HPD) deputy chief Santikorn Vorawan admitted, however, that the Department of Land Transport (DLT) is the authority in charge of vehicle classification and issuing driver's licences.

Pol Col ML Santikorn said catching big bike riders is easier said than done. The bikes are often driven at high speed although they are legally classified in the same group as ordinary motorcycles.

The speed and lack of special driving skills to handle vehicles capable of travelling at such high speeds leave their riders especially prone to road accidents. When crashes involving big bikes occur, the extent of the damage is usually far greater than those involving ordinary motorcycles, the deputy commander said.

The bikes have bigger bodies and more powerful engines than ordinary motorcycles, he added.

Pol Col ML Santikorn said the HPD has brought up the issue of making big-bike riding safer for discussion with the DLT. It is agreed a legal announcement will be issued by the DLT to set big bikes apart from ordinary motorcycles.

In terms of size, the department will specify that motorcycles with an engine of 400cc or bigger which produce at least 47 horsepower are treated by law as big bikes.

Also, a person must be 18 years old or older to hold a big-bike driver's licence. Currently, a motorcycle licence requires has a minimum age of 15 years old.

Pol Col ML Santikorn added that "anyone applying for a licence to ride a big bike will need to attend special training sessions" and pass a test organised by the DLT.

The deputy commander, meanwhile, said fining speeding big-bike riders is not easy since motorcycles carry the number plates on the back of the vehicle whereas the police's remote speed sensors only capture photos of vehicles from the front.

He added that some big bikes were owned by people connected to high-ranking individuals or those with influence and junior police who caught them violating traffic laws were afraid to arrest or fine them.

When I first came to China over 10 years ago.
All bikes was fitted with a front number plate, which was mounted on the from shock, low down.
So unless it's mounted on top of the front wheel facing forward, which may cause the front wheel to woobel.
Then the Thail will have to invest in side readings number plate cameras ?

With all the money China has there decided to not have number plates on the front on motorbike now.lol

And if the did fit side number plate camera's.
Then just mount on the other side.

IMO can't see it happening.

The only way I can see "US" BIKERS being caught for speeding with the currant set in Thailand is for the lasey BIB getting of there big fat asses standing on the side of the road with hand held speed cameras lol
The lightlyhood of that happening is 0.

TIT This is Thailand and God bless them.

The only way I can see "US" BIKERS being caught for speeding with the currant set in Thailand is for the lasey BIB getting of there big fat asses standing on the side of the road with hand held speed cameras lol
The lightlyhood of that happening is 0.

TIT This is Thailand and God bless them.

Actually Steve, they are doing just that on a regular basis these days, a cop with a speed gun zaps you and it's relayed to the checkpoint with photo evidence, times are changing mate.

I am sure there are Bob.
When it becomes the normal the I look at one of these.....

Had one 20 years ago back in the UK

Works well and I used to love the look and the cops face trying to work out why help the hand held speed gun was showing 0 kmh

I am sure Bob these can be sourced in China Very cheap mate.
We're there a will there's a way mate.

Rocky Mountain radar introduces a device guaranteed to make your car electronically "invisible" to speed traps-if you get a ticket while using the product, the manufacturer will pay your fine!

Radar & Laser Scrambler
NO MORE SPEEDING TICKET !
If your heart doesn't skip a beat when you drive past a speed trap-even if you aren't speeding don't bother reading this. I can't tell you how many times that has happened to me. Driving down the interstate with my cruise control set at eight miles over the limit,I catch a glimpse of a police car parked on the side of the road. My heart skips a beat and for some reason I look at my speedometer. After passed the trap, my eyes stay glued my rear view mirror, praying the police officer will pass me up for a "bigger fish." It seems that as speed-detection technology has gotten more and more advanced, speeding tickets have become virtually unavoidable. And although de�vices exist that enable motorists to detect these speed traps, they are outlawed in many states... including mine.

The PHAZER makes your car Invisible to POLICE radar and laser Detection !
The solution. Today, Rocky Mountain Radar offers drivers like me a perfect solution-the Perfectly legal. Some radar devices have been Phazer. Combining a passive radar scrambler outlawed because they transmit scrambling with an passive laser scrambler, the Phazer makes your automobile electronically "invisible" to police speed-detecting equipment. The radar component works by mixing an X, K or Ka radar signal with an FM "chirp" and bouncing it back at the squad car by way of a waveguide antenna, effectively confusing the computer inside the radar gun. The laser component transmits an infrared beam that has the same effect on laser Lidar units.

Tihs is how the Radar Jammer workes
Perfectly legal. Some radar devices have been outlawed because they transmit scrambling radar beams back to the waiting law enforcement vehicle. The Pazer, however, reflects a portion of the signal plus an added FM signal back to the police car. This, in effect, gives the waiting radar unit an electronic "lobotomy." Best of all, unless you are a resident of California, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Virginia or Washington D.C., using the Phazer is completely within your legal rights.

How to make your car disappear radar and laser scramblers are devices that foil speed traps by making vehicles electronically "invisible" to police radar. Radar scramblers mix a portion of the radar signal with background clutter and reflect it back to the squad car This technique, pioneered by Rocky Mountain Radar, creates an unreadable signal that confuses the computer inside the radar gun.

How it scrambles radar. Police radar takes five to 10 measurements of a vehicle's speed in about one second. The Phazer sends one signal that tells the. Radar the car is going 15 m.p.h. and another signal that the car is going 312 m.p.h. Because police radar can't verify the speed, it displays no speed at all.

Works with laser, too! The Phazer also protects your vehicle from Lidar guns that use the change in distance over time to detect a vehicle's speed. The Phazer uses light-emitting diodes (LEDs) to fire invisible infrared pulses through the windshield. Laser guns interpret those pulses as a false indication of the car's distance, blocking measurement of your speed.

Range up to three miles. The Phazer begins to scramble both radar and laser signals as far as miles away from the speed trap. Range of effectiveness extends to almost 100 feet away from the police car, at which point you should be able to make visual contact and reduce your speed accordingly.

Encourage responsible driving. While the Phazer is designed to help you (and me) avoid speed traps, it is intended to condone excessive speeding. For that reason, the first year, the manufacturer will pay tickets where the d limit was not exceeded by more 30%, or 15 miles per hour, whichever is less.

The PHANTOM makes your car Invisible to POLICE radar and laser Detection !
Double protection from speed traps. If the Phazer sounds good, but you prefer to be notified when you are in range of a police radar, the Phantom is for you. The Phantom combines the Phazer (including the Ticket Rebate Program) with a radar detector. It's legal in every state except California, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Virginia and Washington, D.C. Ask your representative for more details!

30 Day Money Back GUARANTEE !!!
Risk Free.
Speed traps don't make my heart skip a beat anymore. The Phazer and Phantom are both backed by three-year manufacturer's warranty. Try them, and if you're not satisfied, return your purchase within 30 days for a refund.

I used to have a couple of devices like these running in my car back in the UK, surprised they are not becoming the norm over here yet.

When the level of fines and enforcement and the same are the are in the UK
Then we ALL will be considering fitting such items.

Until then let's just be happy paying a few hundred THB tea MONEY.

???????

Back
Top Bottom