Post Your Crashes/Injuries Here

Did you tare the cruciate ligament? that sucks...will take a bit until you're running again but if you take it easy you will hardly have any limitations later. Good luck and recover well.

My crash last year (Siam road just outside Pattaya), CBR250r stupid crash that shouldn't have happened. Not too much damage to me or the bike.

Alpinestars mesh jacket
Jeans and Trainers

Now wear full leather and riding boots, at least I learnt my lesson.

^ obviously not an ABS model.

A quick tap down one gear and squeeze of the front brake would have been a better way to wash off speed?
Looks like an injury free riding lesson though.

I tore the ACL in late May, got an xray next day, then an MRI scan, and had surgery 3 weeks later. I had to stay in hospital overnight and was able to leave next day with a brace and crutches. Then I couldnt go anywhere for a week, sat down with my leg up, to let the swelling go down.
A week later, I can walk with a brace, and ride a scooter
Doing lots of rehab now
acl5.jpg
MRI Scan

I tore the ACL in late May, got an xray next day, then an MRI scan, and had surgery 3 weeks later. I had to stay in hospital overnight and was able to leave next day with a brace and crutches. Then I couldnt go anywhere for a week, sat down with my leg up, to let the swelling go down.
A week later, I can walk with a brace, and ride a scooter
Doing lots of rehab now

What sort of rehab Alex?

I found the pool extremely beneficial,especially to get walking again,with my ACL reconstruction.

Just range of motion and leg strengthening now, and exercise bike.
Not allowed in the pool yet.
It will be lots of cycling and swimming as soon as I can

Wading in waist deep water was how i got the walking motion happening again. The knee starts to work in a normal manner but is not carrying any weight.

Backstroke with a pair of flippers on (not using your arms) really helps to build the quads. When you backstroke your feet drop down into the denser water with more resistance.

Squats against a wall at home with a basketball behind my back.

I also had weight bags full of sand bought at Big C....4-5 kg multiple repetitive lifts at the end.

I used a mix of the doctor,hospital physio and the net for my rehab although i knew from my same ACL reconstruction 32 years ago that flippers in the pool and some walking and jogging in soft sand at the beach is very beneficial too.

Nasty crash 2 days ago offroad on the way to Mae Hong Son

Going quick, looks like he got a front flat tire and had a high speed crash. I was first there, didnt know how serious on arrival.

RIMG6688 by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr

Not soon after the rest of our group showed up

RIMG6690 by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr

Foot got badly twisted in the crash, causing two breaks in the leg. Also broken ribs pushed through the lung liner causing some internal bleeding.

Looked like the arm was broken too, but just torn muscle.

RIMG6691 by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr

RIMG6692 by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr

Made him some shade until help arrived

RIMG6695 by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr

RIMG6696 by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr

RIMG6698 by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr

RIMG6700 by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr

Local clinic medic's arrive

RIMG6704 by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr

Got him in the rear seats

RIMG6709 by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr

Back