Police use biker's death video to promote road safety

CraigBKK

Bikes
Honda CRF 1000L, 300L, SH 150
This video is generating some discussion in the UK media. Found it via the BBC. Title says it all. RIP.

[video=youtube_share;xq2xStb0R-c]http://youtu.be/xq2xStb0R-c[/video]

Lets all consider road safety a little more when we ride.

Two things come to mind. 1. Who is to blame if you are doing nearly the ton ? 2. The car driver should be up for man slaughter.

Two things come to mind. 1. Who is to blame if you are doing nearly the ton ? 2. The car driver should be up for man slaughter.

More details on the Norfolk Police's website Norfolk Constabulary: Hard hitting bike video launched

The driver was prosecuted but did not receive a custodial sentence. From the video I saw on the BBC, this guy lived life to the full and loved his bikes. He was returning from a motorbike event when he was killed.

Watching this video reminded me I need to slow down when passing villages and junctions. This guy was riding too fast, probably like most of us do from time to time. Sobering images.

Unfortunately the guy denied himself any opportunity to stop....or even slow down or swerve before the impact.

A good lesson on how to not ride defensively.

Having ridden many many miles at high speed aggressive defensive driving... NEVER blaze through and intersection especially with a car in the turn lane... he was clearly caught off guard.
This video has made me promise myself to ride MORE defensively and not to take the chances I used to make.
Fun riding does not have to mean enjoyment at high risk.

... This video has made me promise myself to ride MORE defensively and not to take the chances I used to make.

Likewise. Glad to see this guy's death and his brave mother's decision to publish the video could help save the lives of others.

Back
Top Bottom