NOB ride Friday March 1st, 2013

I bought one, installed it on the bars and then vomitted. The most horrific ergonomics ever so bought it back to the US and sold it. The levers were three inches in height apart from each other. Wish I knew you wanted one before I returned, but I like the ergo's of the set-up you have now much better.

What don't you like with your current hand control set-up?

Grabbing the clutch in those "Oh Shit" moments, its just too small, everything else is sweet.

Honestly I would have one if I had a MX bike for the trails to avoid stalling and wasting half my energy kicking the bike. But the cheap one (EXP), the one where all you do is replace 2 clutch plates.
View attachment 15210

I've ordered one for my 350, it had better work!

Honestly I would have one if I had a MX bike for the trails to avoid stalling and wasting half my energy kicking the bike. But the cheap one (EXP), the one where all you do is replace 2 clutch plates.
View attachment 15210

The EXP is designed more for motocross, harder hitting out the corners. Level of adjustment is not so clever compared to the Z-start.

Will the year old design bump start?

You now have the option to adjust the clutch externally from a modified slave cylinder with just an allen key. Personally Ive never needed to bump my bikes (kick/elec start enough).
KTM/Rekluse, you just can't go wrong....... - 250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes) - ThumperTalk

View attachment 15227

Give it to me and ill have it set-up in a few hours.
You can retain foot lever, clutch (for feathering the bike into the ground - believe me!!!) the Rekluse does this automatically. They also have a different double lever set-up released which i might try on the KTM.

I got the double lever setup as well (drunk ebaying !!) and the upgraded plates and whole shebang..

I just didnt like the lever idea when it got here.. I thought it was regular clutch and mini back brake with foot brake also.. That I might try.

When ya back then.. Will take you up on setup.. Didnt want to trust it to anyone and frankly.. been way too lazy.. Its been out there begging for a clean for nearly a week !!

Justin - was it that un-ergonomical? Personally I like the look of retaining the clutch lever in the normal position with the brake low. Standing up on the pegs your wrist rotates naturally onto the lower brake lever where your going to use it the most. Sitting down you still have the foot lever if its awkward to reach.

Sef - Im back later on this week but busy for a while will give you a bell when I get some free time. You need to make up your mind what set-up you want and order the bits accordingly.
The Rekluse imo works alot better on 2T's than the 4T's, I love it on the 200. The WR takes a bit more playing around with to set it up right. Still trying to stop it free wheeling sometimes on down hills when the back tyre locks up, just a matter of trial and error with the engagement springs and idle. Blipping the throttle to re-engage the clutch on a steep downhill definitely gets your sphincter going! Justin your having the same issue with your KTM, did you get it sorted before you........?

The WR takes a bit more playing around with to set it up right. Still trying to stop it free wheeling sometimes on down hills when the back tyre locks up

Hang on a minute, I refer you to your quote on page 2, "The biggest pro is having the rear brake control on the left handle bar. Precise brake feel as opposed to my cumbersome right foot"

How precise are we talking about?

Hang on a minute, I refer you to your quote on page 2, "The biggest pro is having the rear brake control on the left handle bar. Precise brake feel as opposed to my cumbersome right foot"

How precise are we talking about?

OK I know what your saying, but there are still instances when the rear locks going downhill. Locking the rear is part and partial of riding, everyone does it, no? This is not the issue for me anyway, the issue is the clutch disengaging and causing the bike to free wheel. I must admit after getting use to the 200 free wheeling it wasn't that bad on the WR but if you've been use to compression braking and a 4T disengages going downhill its quite frightening coming up to a bend with a drop off on the opposite side. It is of-course a personal preference, foot brake or left hand brake. I am very poor with a foot brake and didn't use it as much as I should have, now I have complete control with my left hand over the rear brake it definitely installs confidence. I can get the back end moving around going into and exiting corners and a big part of that is down to the control I have with the rear brake. So for me its alot more precise, I can feel what the rear is doing with the LHRB.
Since upgrading the plates from the shitty Yammy ones I also installed an extra spring to lower theengagement/disengagement process. In addition to that 3 extra Tungsten balls went in to make the engagement/disengagement process quicker. This has made a big difference with heat generation and clutch drag. The extra spring however is responsible for the free wheeling and I'm going to remove this to eliminate that. The bike as it is just now is a little bit snappy compared to the previous set-up but its an acceptable compromise to mitigate any future clutch explosions (I dont think I could face riding Jon's WR doon LMS again haha sorry mate)!!!
If you cant let go of your clutch lever (not literally) I would suggest the set-up same as in the video above. To be honest I have no need now for a clutch lever apart from what I mentioned before and a couple of other negligible reasons. When your in trouble and you find yourself grabbing for the clutch perch override I wished it was a wee bit bigger.

Excellent answer, apart from the bit aboot Jons WR!

I'd much prefer a bicycle style hand brake than the footbrake.
Although I would have to get better sharper brakes to use it properly

Jonny, do u use friction plates from a CR instead? Did you have 2 judder springs to ditch in your Yam?

Excellent answer, apart from the bit aboot Jons WR!

The way he rides that WR (before the suspension was sorted by the way) it makes you wonder what is possible with a modern bike with all the bells and whistles fitted (and the Rekluse/LHRB:RE)

PS Jon - no need to be ashamed now Daz is getting one (apparently) I hope you are so I can return all the ear bending you've been giving me.

I'd much prefer a bicycle style hand brake than the footbrake.
Although I would have to get better sharper brakes to use it properly

Jonny, do u use friction plates from a CR instead? Did you have 2 judder springs to ditch in your Yam?

Hey Alex - No I fitted the EBC heavy Duty plates. But I was informed that honda plates were a good upgrade alternative compared to the Yammy ones.

View attachment 15236

Off the top of my head I dont think the WR had judder springs to throw away. The complete assembly gets replaced apart from the basket (and the rotors/stators if you choose). The only spring (or two depending on your set-up) will be for engagement purposes.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MastaMax N.O.B. Rides 27
KTMphil N.O.B. Rides 1
KTMphil N.O.B. Rides 25
MastaMax N.O.B. Rides 24
MastaMax N.O.B. Rides 45
Back
Top Bottom