New Bus Service, Nan-Sayaboury-Luang Prabang

Not sure - the International Bus from Loei to Luang Prabang is operational but make sure that you have a visa for Laos as the visa service might be slow. Crossed there 2 weeks ago and the visa guy was gone for lunch. He turned up about 20 minutes later so got my visa but then it was after 12 o'clock so got charged for overtime by the Immigration guy.

Not sure - the International Bus from Loei to Luang Prabang is operational but make sure that you have a visa for Laos as the visa service might be slow. Crossed there 2 weeks ago and the visa guy was gone for lunch. He turned up about 20 minutes later so got my visa but then it was after 12 o'clock so got charged for overtime by the Immigration guy.

I've been across that border a number of times in both directions, the most recent trip was in January. For my passport, I don't need a Lao visa but I seem to recall the "overtime" fee is applied almost all the time! "Regular" time does not seem to exist at that border (or maybe their "regular" hours are so short if you don't arrive during those hours you'll be charged overtime).

Back
Top Bottom