Need a used bike

stoni

Hi Guys

I'm looking for a reliable but cheap 'big bike' not a dream, wave or the like. It could be street, motard, enduro, basically anything road worthy and legal that will carry my big ass around but cheap cheap cheap in the region of 20/30K.

What have you guys got?

50,000 available for 'big' bike

Hi Guys

I'm looking for a reliable but cheap 'big bike' not a dream, wave or the like. It could be street, motard, enduro, basically anything road worthy and legal that will carry my big ass around but cheap cheap cheap in the region of 20/30K.

What have you guys got?

I can make up to a maximum 50,000 baht now. Can you guys come up with some thing for me?

Have you seen this on ThaiVisa: 2009 honda phantom fire edition

53000 Baht or nearest offer for a 2009 Honda Phantom Fire Edition. 200 CC so below what you are looking for (at ThaiVisa you indicate you want 250 CC or over) but il t looks like a good bike

Have a look at Honda Phantom, they sell for that kind of money at Baht & Sold and such sites.

I'm grateful that you have pointed this bike out to me but I'm looking for a more standard street bike or motard, enduro etc. I'm not really interested in these chopper style bikes or racing style bikes like CBR. I appreciate your help and if you see some thing like a standard bike example honda CB type bikes, or any thing Mortard or enduro ( road legal) then let me know.

Have you seen this on ThaiVisa: 2009 honda phantom fire edition

53000 Baht or nearest offer for a 2009 Honda Phantom Fire Edition. 200 CC so below what you are looking for (at ThaiVisa you indicate you want 250 CC or over) but il t looks like a good bike

Thanks again Lone rider but as I said before, I'm looking for more standard street, motard, Enduro type bikes and not the chopper style like the phantom. I appreciate that you are keeping your eyes peeled though, Regards Stoni

Thanks again Lone rider but as I said before, I'm looking for more standard street, motard, Enduro type bikes and not the chopper style like the phantom. I appreciate that you are keeping your eyes peeled though, Regards Stoni

How about a new Lifan 200 Cross? 46,000 Bht new?

lifan-cross-06.jpg

How about a new Lifan 200 Cross? 46,000 Bht new?

lifan-cross-06.jpg

You know Phil, I really have considered a Lifan particullary the motard several times and have been to the shop to lookmore than onc. Each time I get the desire I then look at all the reviews and comments from locals and get scared away. Comments are usually pretty negative about build quality and resale values look pretty dismal. I know you have had a reasonable experience on your Lifan as I have read your post but I just cant bring my self to do it.

I dont have one

You know Phil, I really have considered a Lifan particullary the motard several times and have been to the shop to lookmore than onc. Each time I get the desire I then look at all the reviews and comments from locals and get scared away. Comments are usually pretty negative about build quality and resale values look pretty dismal. I know you have had a reasonable experience on your Lifan as I have read your post but I just cant bring my self to do it.

As someone who has owned more than his fair share of shit box old bikes.. your going to struggle to get a plated bike that won't cost you the difference in hassle and parts.

By the time you spend 70 or 80 you will find an older higher mile klx or d tracker.. but every part you might want is in the dealer for pennies.. and when you sell it, you are going to hold value.. some old 50k bike ?? Every brake pad or sprocket can be a problem too find, and if anything goes wrong you might be left with something very hard to sell off costly to repair.

Buying at that price point is false economy to me.. if you can't step up for the kwakers, step down to a 20 to 25k sonic or (well maintained can have Valve issues) raider. Buying the cheapest big bike on the market is likely to end up costing more than you expect.

Just have a read here Motorcycle Tours Laos: Would You Buy Chinese Motorcycles? (Lifan under the microscope) - this guy has ridden more than 10,000 km. on a Lifan, most of the time offroad in Laos and although he has had some problems, he is still happy with the bike

As someone who has owned more than his fair share of shit box old bikes.. your going to struggle to get a plated bike that won't cost you the difference in hassle and parts.

By the time you spend 70 or 80 you will find an older higher mile klx or d tracker.. but every part you might want is in the dealer for pennies.. and when you sell it, you are going to hold value.. some old 50k bike ?? Every brake pad or sprocket can be a problem too find, and if anything goes wrong you might be left with something very hard to sell off costly to repair.

Buying at that price point is false economy to me.. if you can't step up for the kwakers, step down to a 20 to 25k sonic or (well maintained can have Valve issues) raider. Buying the cheapest big bike on the market is likely to end up costing more than you expect.

You make good points and I tend to agree with what you are saying so thank you. I would love to step up but my funds are tight after having to deplete my saving with hospital bills. I know it is wishful thinking but I hoped that some one would have a loved oldie that would be a viable proposition to me. I did have a wave for a few years but although really suite to the Thai environment in town it just does not do it for me like a big bike would. Anyone got an Old loved D Tracker? if I robbed my mother I might come up with 60K or just over but I would be eating rice and salt for a month...ha ha ha

I dont have one
Yes Phil, I just looked at the review again in the Lifan section and relise that you had cut and pasted a review from some one else. NOw thinking about the Lifan again after reading the review that Lone rider suggested...By the way I did go and see Lek as you suggested. He is a great guy and although he only had bikes in the 100k region for sale he did take me to see an old off road XLR and Kwaka but both not suitable for me on the road. I'm thinking that maybe he would be the man to give a Lifan the once over if I decide to buy and could do any mods.

I can make up to a maximum 50,000 baht now. Can you guys come up with some thing for me?

Got me thinking about the Lifan again now.

Do you guys know the best dealer in CM. I know there is one near the bus station and also one on the train station road near the high way. Also are the chinese tyres on the Motard version any good and safe? Any recommendations would be gratefully recieved

Hi Guys

I prchased a new Lifan x-plore 200M in the end. Can anyone tell me a good place to shop for an after market exhaust in Chiang mai?

Go see Sa at Sa moto on the sw side of the Chiang Mai moat square, 1km north of Airport Plaza shopping.

Back
Top Bottom