Nan 20-3-15 Nanthaburi National Park Link Up Completed

Captain_Slash

Community Manager
Bikes
BMW 310GS Honda Wave 125 Honda MSX 125
Total distance 138 km
IMG_9975.jpg
Todays I go to try to link up with the track that Oddvar and I discovered back in December but couldn't get through because it was too overgrown
IMG_9976.jpg
Still have running water here
IMG_9977.jpg

IMG_9978.jpg

IMG_9979.jpg

IMG_9980.jpg

IMG_9981.jpg

IMG_9982.jpg

IMG_9983.jpg

IMG_9984.jpg

IMG_9985.jpg
I am now in the bamboo forest where I had to also turn around because of overgrown grass within a km or so of linking through a couple of days after the trip with Oddvar
IMG_9987.jpg
This is where I left my turnaround waypoint and the grass has been cleared by a machine which has also helpfully filled in the deep ruts too
IMG_9988.jpg
A short side track that was a dead end
IMG_9989.jpg

IMG_9990.jpg
I have company
IMG_9993.jpg
This is the spot where Oddvar and I had to turn around, it was plain sailing today and it looks like the track has been cleared for a while
IMG_9994.jpg

IMG_9995.jpg
Now to explore a steepish side track which was another dead end, getting back up needed a run at it because it was a loose surface
IMG_9996.jpg
On the way down I saw this guy going up, on my return he motioned for me to stop, he was then on the phone and I heard Farang mentioned a couple of times.
He spoke no English apart from saying no fires but was pleasant about it.
I read in the paper yesterday about people being told not to go into the forests now and it seems to be taken seriously here
IMG_9997.jpg

IMG_9998.jpg

IMG_9999.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg
Further up I meet more of them but no problems at all, I stop later on for my lunch and all four ride past waving then a few hundred metres later on they stop at their lunch house
IMG_0003.jpg
Not far past them I take an unmapped right and pretty much the first thing I see is a large fire to my left, I wonder if they got excited about that
IMG_0004.jpg
That weir appears to be overflowing
IMG_0005.jpg
Back to the paved surface after linking up
IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg
On another track and this fire was still just about smouldering in places
IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg
The end of that track
IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg
I was sweating buckets standing in the shade so got the thermometer out, this was the lowest I could get it to go in the shade
IMG_0021.jpg
Moo hunglay and rice 80 Baht at Zap 2

Nice work Colin, good to see they get the tractors out clearing up in the dry season. Not sure who the guy's in the camo were working for (maybe fire spotters or starters), they looked to have single shot gun's and two in one picture one of them had what looked like a Chinese motif badge on his jacket, maybe he had picked it up in some 2nd hand someplace

Back
Top Bottom