N.O.B ride Friday 13th April, 2012

KTMphil

Bikes
2007 KTM 990 Adventure Suzuki DRZ 400
N.O.B ride Friday 13th April, 2012

Any takers to organize this (Max, Jonny , LUFC are you back)? I'll be in China but can email contact people to help etc........

Will be around for anything short of last man standing.

Also.. If its going to be a big group.. Maybe split into smaller units... Last week was a lot of bikes to get through rough areas as a single group..

OK no takers so ill vote for the below. In the morning will be the same trail that Phil and the lads did yesterday. Lunch at samoeng and then onto the Bamboo Trail. Or an alternative in the morning would be to go up last man standing and take the Chicken Trail then Bamboo trail in the afternoon. What ye say???

web.jpg

More rd than i would pick but its not a show stopper..

Just realized.. this is deepest darkest song gran.

That might get in the way for me.

LivinLOS said:

A bit of a water splash wouldn`t be such a bad thing,looks like it`ll be hot.

Johns suggestion looks ok to me.

Maybe Mr. H doesn't want to get his hair wet

Loop said:
LivinLOS said:

A bit of a water splash wouldn`t be such a bad thing,looks like it`ll be hot.

Johns suggestion looks ok to me.

KTMphil said:
Maybe Mr. H doesn't want to get his hair wet

Well I would hate to ruin my perm..

Actually meant more along the lines of I may be collared into doing stuff and or boozing.. Amys not been here for a SG yet and so hasnt seen it.

No alcohol allowed signs around the moat so i might take on Loi Kroh road for at least one day,maybe thursday. Then hide under the bed for the remainder 55

A friday ride will be a good way to kill some time away from it all until it settles back down again.

So far:
Myself
Alex UK
Loop
LivinLOS getting' his hair done?

Anyone else?

The first half of this route (Death Valley) isn't the easiest of trails, especially if the rain gets to it. If more join we can adjust the itinerary to suite two groups. We can go up the trails I did my ribs in and the group will either have an option to try the hells gate route or continue on to Hmong Village where we can all meet for some lunch. Then there's lots of options for the afternoon. One good one would be to go up Buddha Footprint, should be some spectacular views now the smoke has gone, one to bring the camera on for sure.
Loop - you never tried Hell's Gate, I think you'll like it.

So there we go a couple of option for Friday.

Please post your name if your interested riding on Friday.

Here's the other option below. The yellow trails bypasses Hells Gate onto Hmong Village.

web.jpg

ill see is the following are around:

Wolfgang

Max

Rudi

George (Alex - can you call him)

Scott Grey & Father

XR 400 Scott

Tony

ill ask Con

R1 Peter has to iron some of his girlfriends panties

Bomdifuzer Chris was curious i'll ask him too

Harry will be back in the Fatherland.

There will also be a guest appearance by Frank the Tank on his awesome KTM690 Enduro R

KTMphil said:
johnnysneds said:
There will also be a guest appearance by Frank the Tank on his awesome KTM690 Enduro R

You'll need a tow rope to pull it up those first 4 hills

I wouldn't bet on it...

There's an American guy called Paul in town that wants to come trail riding on Friday, I've emailed a couple of people to see if the can hook up with him somehow.

alexuk said:
went down deathvalley today, was fairly dry

awesome we'll stick to that then unless the weather takes a turn for the worst.

Meeting Point for Friday. Ready to leave 09:30hrs fully fueled.

web.jpg

Crowd so far:

Myself KTM200
Alex UK KLX250
Loop KDX220
Frank KTM690
Paul XR250

Anyone else interested?

I´d like to join you for the last time this season. I´ll fly back home on the 17th. Early start is recommend on songkran. And specialy for the waterfestival, I know a very wet trail south of the 1269 to Op Khan NP.

harrygps said:
I´d like to join you for the last time this season. I´ll fly back home on the 17th. Early start is recommend on songkran. And specialy for the waterfestival, I know a very wet trail south of the 1269 to Op Khan NP.

Hi Harry, are you on about the trail of a thousand River Crossings below? If so its pretty hard going and not the most enjoying for some. Last time we did that we started off 6 and ended up 2 and ive never been glad to get out a jungle in all my life. I think we'll stick to Death Valley in the morning then Buddha Footprint in the afternoon ending up with the Huay Thung Tao run to finish [s:2zil07k1]you[/s:2zil07k1] off with..thats always good for a laugh.

web.jpg

Crowd so far:

Myself KTM200
Alex UK KLX250
Loop KDX220
Frank KTM690
Paul XR250
Harry KLX250

Can't say for sure if I can make it or not, but the meeting point is very good for me, just in front of my house. I will try to make it this time under any circumstances...Rudi

I appear to be having a redivorce, or revorce or derevorce.. Or some combination of the 3.. Unsure if I will be on a plane to Cambodia..

Gearing up for tomorrows ride. I have everything covered except I'm having a hard time finding footwear. Does anyone know where I can rent a pair for the day or purchase a cheap pair? Or is anyone willing to let me borrow there beat old boots? Size 42 (9.5)
Thanks
Paul

Hi
I won’t be going with you guys on this Friday .My dad gone to Germany
And it’s Songkran I like to have a little fun .So have fun anyway.

AKRider said:
Gearing up for tomorrows ride. I have everything covered except I'm having a hard time finding footwear. Does anyone know where I can rent a pair for the day or purchase a cheap pair? Or is anyone willing to let me borrow there beat old boots? Size 42 (9.5)
Thanks
Paul

Try the second hand tent outlets on Asatathorn Rd which is the road leading off the north east corner of the moat towards Kamptien & Tesco. Look along there on the left before the first set of lights. The first tent generally has a selection of cast offs. They will do you a few rides at least!

Ally

No chance for a ride tomorrow. I crashed my car yesterday and I guess my wife is killing me, if I go for a ride with your boys. Have fun, happy songkran, see you next year.
Harry

Seems to be a problem with my bike not idling, so maybe will not be there tomorrow

Below is tomorrows route and meeting point. If you require the GPX file for your GPS send your email to me by PM.

09:30hrs Fueled and ready to go. Any problems give me a call on 0871371321

web.jpg

web.jpg

harrygps said:
No chance for a ride tomorrow. I crashed my car yesterday and I guess my wife is killing me, if I go for a ride with your boys. Have fun, happy songkran, see you next year.
Harry

What a coincidence Harry, I destroyed the security gate at the entrance to my moobahn in the wee hours of this morning with my Accord, damaged every panel on the right hand side!!!

So the last half of the ride the Buddha footprint trail and then over to the bamboo forest?

Don't think the Buddha Footprint is on this route, we can discuss things at lunch time.

johnnysneds said:
Don't think the Buddha Footprint is on this route, we can discuss things at lunch time.

Ok,opened magnifier and can see a bit better now.Buddha footprint and Bamboo trails are a north of there and would add a lot of k`s and time.

Don`t think iv`e done the majority of your suggestion but that`ll be fine.

I got the meet up point confused with the road to Samoeng and then went for my phone which i`d inadvertently left at home because i`d put it on charge after a long phone call from my GF about my young bloke being sick. Then i thought i`d wait on the Samoeng road for the group to come past but realised i`d stuffed it all up badly.

Ended up riding up to the top of Suthep and back to the Samoeng road and home.

Didin`t mind being dunked with water by the kids on the way home as it was nice and cool.

KTMphil said:
Did the KTM 690 R get up the 4 hills without assistance?

Hell yeah, as did a Lifan!!!

A total of seven riders today minus Loop and Alex. Great day's riding. Ive got some video to post up, however im oot on the raz now :MJ so will do it tomorrow. Rudy got plenty of photos and video also and he's going to make one of his awesome videos of the days events...cant wait. Had my first proper crash on the 200 today and caught on the auld helmet camera :lost

Myself and Frank are going up south Samoeng to do Hells Gate and Buddha Footprint tomorrow if anyone is interested. Now sure what time as it will depend on what time we get back home tomorrow morning.

PS it was great to have Rudy and George along what a comedy act those pair are - hope to ride with the both of you again soon lads :DD

Back
Top Bottom