N.O.B ride, Friday 13th July, 2012

KTMphil

Bikes
2007 KTM 990 Adventure Suzuki DRZ 400
Not for the superstitious, for those who arn't who's around?

LUFC is back, Mr. Snedds has tested the thumb, Adrian is up for it, Justin is 35% as usual ..... who else?

See how I feel.. mostly in but 60/40.. ribs still killing and wrist is workable but limp (come on thats a layup ;))

I'm in. Any route suggestions ?

I'm in. Any route suggestions ?

How about the "Erzberg" route that comes out atop Doi Pui, then on to the big hill climb, from there leech highway to Maerim and then see how we feel?

How about the "Erzberg" route that comes out atop Doi Pui, then on to the big hill climb, from there leech highway to Maerim and then see how we feel?

Not sure which one the Erzberg is, but sounds sweet to me!

Where and what time should we meet?

Just had a tool about and still feels tender.. Can ride the fireblade ok but reckon trails need a few more days..

Also want to go check out the car auction tomorrow. So I am out.

I doubt that my carb's going to be fixed today - so, for the sake of planning routes, I'm out.

99% sure I can make it this time, I am coming along with my XR 600, hill climbs are going to be a little tough, I need to downgrade to a smaller front sprocket, then it should be o.k, don't want to take the 250 after riding the 600 for several days now...will see tomorrow morning

Meeting 0930 at the 700 year staduim has been working for everyone ---does that suit everyone--- any other ideas?

Nearly got the 200 together so will be there tomorrow.:RO

I've got to go to the China Consulate, no way around it, so won't be riding but will try come down at the meeting point

Just had a tool about and still feels tender.. Can ride the fireblade ok but reckon trails need a few more days..

Also want to go check out the car auction tomorrow. So I am out.

Sure about not needing that X-ray? I will always bother, next time I get bad bash, after my last break... Physiotherapy (because I waited 3 weeks before X-ray - too late to reposition the displacement) seems to be working - but it sure makes ya grit ya teeth! :G (Lady Physio' at Rajavej is pretty good IMO - not that I've ever been to one before.)

Yeah still sure its not broken..

Meet at 9:30 at 700 yr stadium as per normal.

99% sure I can make it this time, I am coming along with my XR 600, hill climbs are going to be a little tough, I need to downgrade to a smaller front sprocket, then it should be o.k, don't want to take the 250 after riding the 600 for several days now...will see tomorrow morning

Well I wont be riding behind you Rudi, if memory serves me right last time an XR600 was in front of me I was peppered with rocks, the torque just rips up so much stuff!

700 year stadium, wow pretty far away from Royal Flora, where I live, yeah what the heck I will try to be there....by the way Darren, yes the XR 600 is ripping a lot, but it always depends on the driver...

I'll be there seeing as Phil is cancelling:lol:, been over a year since we actually rode together. Last night I had the x rays confirm #5 rib broken and t8 vertabrae crushed but sternum intact, guess I hit the ground harder than I thought. Shit the last thing I need is my spine to be crushed even shorter as I can barely see over the bars as it is :). So I'll be there but may give the Erzberg track a miss if its the one straight up through the rocks behind Huey Thin Thao. I'll take 700 year to the scenic truck route up and meet you at the begining of the Leech track.

If you'd finished ironing Chicken's dresses on Tues evening, you wouldn't have had to cancel riding with us last Wednesday. I'm off to China Sunday riding, so red tape for me on Friday. It's probably a year since we rode together, you're right.

I'll be there seeing as Phil is cancelling:lol:, been over a year since we actually rode together. Last night I had the x rays confirm #5 rib broken and t8 vertabrae crushed but sternum intact, guess I hit the ground harder than I thought. Shit the last thing I need is my spine to be crushed even shorter as I can barely see over the bars as it is :). So I'll be there but may give the Erzberg track a miss if its the one straight up through the rocks behind Huey Thin Thao. I'll take 700 year to the scenic truck route up and meet you at the begining of the Leech track.

Sorry guys I had to turn around, running out of steam at the hill climb, didn't know where the other group went, probably I would arrive too late anyway...nice lesson I got from Darren and Paul...

It was not my day yesterday, I didn't feel well coming out of bed already, but wanted to come, because I always miss the NOB rides, when the group split at the Huay Tung Tao short cut, I should have gone with Max and Justin, instead I wanted to proof my off-road skills on a single track, I got along o.k, the my chain came off, Darren and Paul waited for me, finally back on the bike I managed a few more climbs, before the surface became on big mess, I still don't understand how the D. and P. just kept driving without spinning and getting traction all the time. Brilliant riders and good machines. At some point I was couldn't get any further without pushing the bike, all 3 of us together could forward the XR 250 a few more meters and off it goes again, but not for long, I slowly recognized that I was not fit enough for this, hardly could catch my breath. I decided to let the champs go and turn around. On the way back I lost the track and got on a different one, I had to cross a waterfall with very big rocks. My hands and arms were shaking and I had to put a lot of effort into controlling the bike. In the high grass I stumbled over a root and dropped the bike full on against a rock and ruined my tank shroud and twisted my wrist, when I finally got to the bottom I could make out my location and decided to turn around for today...enough is enough...
Awesome_1342157072185-1.jpg

Awesome_1342157035396.jpg

2012-07-13140700.jpg
2012-07-13121416.jpg

I think not many have seen me like this before, so have a laugh......55555

Rudi !!! I'm not laughing, you poor guy, sorry to see & hear you like this.

I think there is a lot of this feeling unwell right now, it's the climate too :(
You will be perky again soon ;)

Ally

Blimey, sorry to hear about your fall Rudi I had no idea you had it so tough on the way down.
As for the brilliant riders, well lets be honest, a modern, lightweight 2T KTM / Berg doesn't even break a sweat on a trail like that. Don't think for a moment if we swapped bikes I would have made it on your XR250, in fact I was surprised you made it so far.
But get well quick cos we have a beast of track planned for next week!!

Darren, I really enjoyed it, but yes the material I am dealing with is not pro for sure, but it's always been like that for me, just can't afford to upgrade, so I will always ride a XR or a bike that fits my pocket, with the XR 600, I would have turned around in the very beginning. I have never had a chance to ride a bike like yours on a trail like that. Anyway I will try my best to cope with you guys...

Junge Junge Rudi, das sieht richtig krass aus. Arme XR! Aber Ihr habt doch viel weniger Regen in LOS, ich bin gar zur Endurodeo gefahren wegen Landunter.
Good luck boys, next friday it will be much better!

Junge Junge Rudi, das sieht richtig krass aus. Arme XR! Aber Ihr habt doch viel weniger Regen in LOS, ich bin gar zur Endurodeo gefahren wegen Landunter.
Good luck boys, next friday it will be much better!

Harry, ja das war ganz schön anstrengend. War leider ein bisschen minderbemittelt mit meiner XR. Die Husaberg und Trialmaschine hatten einen Riesenvorteil. Hoffentlich sehen wir uns mal...Ciao

Back
Top Bottom