N.O.B ride 30.12.2011

KTMphil

Bikes
2007 KTM 990 Adventure Suzuki DRZ 400
N.O.B ride 30.12.2011

Talking with Jon 2 nights ago, I think he might be up for it, Justin's bikes are in pieces, Max should have the day off, I'm around, so hopefully we can do something.

If anyone has some route idea's ........... :hmm

I'm in.

Had a talk with Jon last ...hmmm last time we met at the rider's corner, and we have a nice idea.

We could meet at the Umong temple again, take the back road there to join the trails we want to ride.

I don't know exactly where the trail is, Jon knows, all I know is that it's in this area:

nob30.jpg

Talked with Justin last night, he found the gasket he needed for the yzf so might be ready in time for Friday to join.

About meeting, what about 9:30 in front of wat Umong's main entrance?

KTMphil said:
I'm going to look very closely to see if there's any "small" dotted lines

I`m with you Phil,let me know if you spot any those litle dots :? although i`m only a definite maybe at this stage as the bike is apart and waiting on a new engine sprocket and some other work.

is it lastman standing? or the one where max left his bike?
I'd like to go too

alexuk said:
is it lastman standing? or the one where max left his bike?
I'd like to go too

We'll decide depending on the group I think. From what I heard last man standing has two ways up that connect (easy one is called the chicken trail).

The one I left my bike on is technically not as hard and loads of fun, we just have to look out not getting lost going down (loads of small bushes and small paths that look like the trail but are not so very easy to take a wrong line and getting blocked as there are dry un-crossable riverbeds running parallel to the trail).

There are even speculations that both last man standing and trail where max left his bike are joining at some point (as the last impossible bit that connects to the doi suthep road seems to be the same)

if last man standing is the trail off the road at the corner, after the fork left down to the tourist village, then they are 2 different trails. and after max turned aroun it is mostly easy, but a couple ofobstacles/tricky bits

alexuk said:
if last man standing is the trail off the road at the corner, after the fork left down to the tourist village, then they are 2 different trails. and after max turned aroun it is mostly easy, but a couple ofobstacles/tricky bits

It is definitly not easy!

I went up at the weekend and had a real battle on the steep section where its no longer possible to get a run up because all the rain had exposed heaps of rocks at the bottom.

You need as much speed as possible but have to navigate the rocks at the same time, and its actually quite slippery now because it is very dry.

The "chicken run" is much easier and less scary.

FYI I also came straight back down after getting to the top and that was scary. Very steep, slippy, a rider pooping himself and lots of rocks does not a fun ride make.

I think we're talking about different tracks. I walked down to where max stopped on his gpx track.
I dont know or remember the rest

I'll be free on Friday to burn off the excess turkey ....burp!

Sounds like fun , but a light bike is the order of the day ( as some pushing may be required ) oh and plenty of water , ropes ,body bags etc he he

ps Vere is this Temple?

Are we all still on for a ride tomorrow?

Umong Temple? What Time?

Location of the Wat Umong below --- 0930am

file.php

so we've got:

Max
Darren
Yarni
Jon
Justin (if he buys his bolts)
Lew
Phil
Jonny Sneds
Guest appearance from Pounce, just back from Laos
DaveG ---is agonizing over it (you know you want to)
Alex UK

Have i missed anyone?

Tony's KXF has blown up so won't be coming

Phil,

Jarni and I wont be there.

He's back at work next week and wants to get some serious dirt miles done so we are going to MHS for 2 days to meet up with Horst (Baan Farang Guest House owner) and his KTM 300. If I can figure out how to use GPS I'll map the trails, some brilliant dried up river beds up there (mainly sand) that are sanuk maak.

LUFC said:
Phil,

Jarni and I wont be there.

He's back at work next week and wants to get some serious dirt miles done so we are going to MHS for 2 days to meet up with Horst (Baan Farang Guest House owner) and his KTM 300. If I can figure out how to use GPS I'll map the trails, some brilliant dried up river beds up there (mainly sand) that are sanuk maak.

Do you want some routes emailed for your gps (GPX files)?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
KTMphil N.O.B. Rides 6
Hassman N.O.B. Rides 32
johnnysneds N.O.B. Rides 24
KTMphil N.O.B. Rides 24
M N.O.B. Rides 22
Back
Top Bottom