N.O.B Ride 16.12.2011

johnnysneds

Bikes
Multistrada 1200S Touring, WR450F, KTM200EXC, Gas Gas 280, PCX
Can I suggest fridays ride kick's off with the "River Route" through Ob Khan's national Park. Ive done the river part a couple of times but never went all the way. Maybe someone can suggest an additional route just to the east of the 1269 where the River Route completes.

Download GPX HERE

web.jpg

Here's some video from the last time:-
[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyYcVQ0SFlQ&feature=g-upl[/VIDEO]

Got nasty memories of that one jonny -- maybe bring a mask and snorkel - We can give it a shot. Darren might have his new machine back and ready by Friday.

The nasty memories

5834665052_0bf64dc5db_b.jpg

5834642612_d2cab71a61_b.jpg

Sounds like a nice route! Where is the meeting point and what time?

last time I went there the stream entry/exit was too eroded so we had to turn around

alexuk said:
last time I went there the stream entry/exit was too eroded so we had to turn around
When was that? Might be okay by now?

How about 9:30am where Canal road (108) intersects with the 1269 to Sameong?

Wait at the crossroads on the left side of the intersection.

I'll be there too. See you there

LUFC said:

So we are talking about the same place, Canal road -> 121. The 108 is the road parallel to it.

MastaMax said:
LUFC said:

So we are talking about the same place, Canal road -> 121. The 108 is the road parallel to it.

Oops!

Yes, we are talking about 121 not 108. Sorry about that.

my bike is in the shop so no riding tomorrow for me.

all the bike shops around town seem to be really busy ATM.
kawasaki told me they couldn`t do a 20 min job on my bike for about 3 days.

Loop said:

Did you get your shock "gassed up" yet Lew?

LUFC said:
Loop said:

Did you get your shock "gassed up" yet Lew?

it`s still on the bike as far as i know.have n`t heard from the piston shop as yet.
i`ve been away in nan most of this week on the road bike,but will call in tomorrow to see what`s going on with it.

on closer inspection of the KDX rear shock there was oil leaking from it.so looks like it`s oil dampened and not gas like i thought.

thinking back...when we did that creek crossing early on in the ride i hit the rock wall on the other side fairly hard and bottomed out the rear when i mono wheeled up it.i think that`s where the damage was done.

Sorry to see you not making this goround Loop. Good luck with the shock. Getting Nitrogen pumped into the shock is a simple procedure easily done at most places as long as you don't need over 120 PSI.

I'll be up for a ride with you on the YZF after two weeks on the heavy KTM. See ya there.

A tip of the hat to John for giving me a lesson in coaxing a rear tire on the YZF for tomorrow.

Just got back from 2 days of hard mapping near the Shan border - aching everywhere and a sore ass, so will not make tomorrows N.O.B, but will be there in spirit have fun. :MJ

KTMphil said:
Just got back from 2 days of hard mapping near the Shan border - aching everywhere and a sore ass, so will not make tomorrows N.O.B, but will be there in spirit have fun. :MJ

Surely it can't be that the sofa like seat on the KTM was uncomfortable over 2 days riding! Monkey Butt strikes again.

Got back around 1330, was a nice little ride. Happy it connected to the Samoeng road as we went off track. Johnny will probably post the gpx file later. Nice river crossing and riding in the river was a lot of fun.

Thoroughly enjoyed today, just had enough energy to get out and no-more. Running low on water again and not sure exactly what was ahead. Great feeling when you eventually escape the jungle. If you like water this is the trail, we must have crossed the river (more like a burn) at least 30 times.

GPX Click Here

web.jpg

Glad you made it out OK Johnny.

You probably guessed by now I'm not much of an explorer, after we turned around we had a couple of attempts at LM2, then came back down the same route.

Im going off the "Exploring" idea myself.

Im up for Sunday, bikes clean, oil changed and all lubed up raring to go.........

johnnysneds said:
Im going off the "Exploring" idea myself.

Im up for Sunday, bikes clean, oil changed and all lubed up raring to go.........

I'm very tempted if we stay sane.

Change of plans..

Found out last night Lightemup has had a serious accident on his BMW F650 coming back from Mae Sai yesterday, on R 107, somewhere around the Mae Tang area (30km north of Chiang Mai).

He wasn't contactable yesterday, spoke to him this morning, he has 2 broken arms, one crushed lower broken leg & another body injury. He doesn't remember anything about the crash, awakened to find 5 Thai people around him with his head on one of his pannier boxes (maybe the pannier boxes are cursed from an evil source, 1st time he'd used them).

He has been told he hit a bike coming the other way, but no confirmation of this.

He went into surgery today around 12.30pm to repair his crushed lower leg, a few of us are going to see him tomorrow, and try recover his bike, so no riding for me tomorrow.

KTMphil said:
Change of plans..

Found out last night Lightemup has had a serious accident on his BMW F650 coming back from Mae Sai yesterday, on R 107, somewhere around the Mae Tang area (30km north of Chiang Mai).

He wasn't contactable yesterday, spoke to him this morning, he has 2 broken arms, one crushed lower broken leg & another body injury. He doesn't remember anything about the crash, awakened to find 5 Thai people around him with his head on one of his pannier boxes (maybe the pannier boxes are cursed from an evil source, 1st time he'd used them).

He has been told he hit a bike coming the other way, but no confirmation of this.

He went into surgery today around 12.30pm to repair his crushed lower leg, a few of us are going to see him tomorrow, and try recover his bike, so no riding for me tomorrow.

Thats terrible news Phil.

I`ll give you a call later about tomorrow.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
KTMphil N.O.B. Rides 6
KTMphil N.O.B. Rides 18
Hassman N.O.B. Rides 32
KTMphil N.O.B. Rides 24
M N.O.B. Rides 22
Back
Top Bottom