N.O.B. Ride 25.11.2011

Matt

Bikes
KTM300
Re: NEW - "Asian Trail Riders" - trail riding every Friday

I'm up for Friday. Would also like to keep tarmac to the minimum.

Matt

Starting the thread, who is up for this week's ride?
Any ideas on the route?

Re: NEW - "Asian Trail Riders" - trail riding every Friday

Yep think Justin and I would be up for it , what you got in mind?

After talking with Justin we agreed on going to the Mae Jo area, lot of single tracks in the area, and just a few km of road to get there.

The meeting point is at the rimping center on the road to Mae Jo at 10am. The idea is to leave around 10, so it doesn't hurt to get there around 9.50am.

For those who don't know where it is, it's on the 1001 (main road from town to MaeJo) right after a big crossing with traffic light (I think the second) on the left side. It's a big shopping mall with also a big McDonalds sign, hard to miss. If anyone has the gps coordinates he can post it.

have fun on the trails tomorrow, i'm in southern laos with a blown shock seal, so will be back up north in a few days.

See edit:
After talking with Justin we agreed on going to the Mae Jo area, lot of single tracks in the area, and just a few km on the road to get there.

The meeting point is at the rimping market on the road to Mae Jo at 10am. The idea is to leave around 10, so it doesn't hurt to get there around 9.50am.

For those who don't know where it is, it's on the 1001 (main road from town to MaeJo) right after a big crossing with traffic light (I think the second) on the left side. It's a big shopping mall with also a big McDonalds sign, hard to miss.

Worst map ever, but got gps coords: N18 49.423 E099 00.638
rimping.png

I won't be riding but I feel like grabbing a happy snap of the gathering at Mee Chok. See you there !

Ally

i`m keen for a ride see you there tomorrow.

Nice. Just talked with Alex Uk he will be joining us with his YZF directly at MaeJo

turned out to be quite a hard ride for me today, mostly cos I couldnt kickstart the bike, and as I got more knackered the hills got steeper and gnarlier. Some great tracks, loose rocky uphills and steep down.
heres a clip of me helping justin choose a line

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ggz0Vhk9S6g[/VIDEO]

You call that a line! LOL

Better get that rebound damping sorted mate!

Sorry I couldn't resist the temptation.

At least you were out riding, unlike moi thanks to my lack of skills.

Justin, you should stick to the orange machine. N :DD ever seen you fall off that one! :DD

Great to head out with some new faces on the trails.

A warning should be when your buddy with a video camera points out a good line to take with the camera rolling. Even better is after you bin the bike you realize nobody else in the riding group went that stupid way as they all took the correct way 15 meters to the left. :lol3

Dazza - No amount of rebound adjustments will help my arse out........sadly.

harri- Fear not as I've been binning the KTM as of late also so it does not feel left out. Even managed to lay it down in a short time hotel driveway recently. :LOL

The funny thing is after we all got down the steep section of hill and regrouped, I led the group off, got off trail without realizing it (20/70 vision doing its part) and dropped into a dry creek bed, front end hit a large rock and over the bars i went. Got up and wondered where everyone was and noticed the group was riding off about 20 meters away from where I was on the actual trail instead of bushwhacking with me.

Could anyone of you guys with a GPS post the gpx file so others can also enjoy the nice trails in the area.

MastaMax said:
Could anyone of you guys with a GPS post the gpx file so others can also enjoy the nice trails in the area.

Looks like a fun day out!

If you email me the tracks i'll map them.

Yes we had a very good day riding.
I still don't have a gps, I just followed single trails I remembered from a few months ago, but I think at least 3 persons had a GPS so they should have the track (that's what I was asking actually).

yzf wouldnt idle or start
killed my foot and overheated me kicking it over
this is one of my attempts getting up same slope

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
KTMphil N.O.B. Rides 6
KTMphil N.O.B. Rides 18
Hassman N.O.B. Rides 32
johnnysneds N.O.B. Rides 24
KTMphil N.O.B. Rides 24
Back
Top Bottom