N.O.B Ride 23.12.2011

Hassman

Bikes
Suzuki DRZ 400SM Matchless G3WO -41
Guys,

Anyone planning a N.O.B. ride for tomorrow Friday?

If so where to and at what time?

Cheers,
Hassman

Re: Ride for 23rd Dec???

I'm in. Want to ride some proper single tracks (no jungle exploring for me this weekend :))

Note:
Mr. Hassman, renamed the topic so it's easier to find the nob rides if we keep the same format, hope you don't mind.

No bike :cry

But i`d like to wish my fellow NOBers a very merry xmas and hope to catch up again next week.

alexuk said:
I want to ride tomorrow.
Ob kahn again?
Would love the ob khan area we went together with the thai guys if you remember?

The trails with did this day:
325112_2320544705222_1597702394_2361692_566156608_o (1).jpg

I don't mind you renaming it at all Max, cheers for that.

What time and where do people want to meet?

Cheers,
Hassman -the man, the myth, the concept...

If Alex still has the track from last time we can meet at 10am in front of Wat Umong's main entrance.

alexuk said:
Max if you know the date from the foto I can dig out the track

16th of October (it's from your FB wall)

10 in front of Wat Umong it is, count me in!

alexuk said:
max
Should be this one?
16 oct gpx
need permission for Pan's??

Yes This one. So we can start from Wat Umong, do the little single track and then see from there, lot of options.

10am Wat Umong. See you there

I'd like to come. Where exactly are you meeting? I've never been to this temple.

Cheers, Matt

The temple is south of Chiang Mai University, if you go on the road (Suthep road??) south of the university heading towards Doi Suthep and enter soi 4 on your left (be careful there are 2 soi 4's -the one you want is almost right next to Soi 3), and then just plod along on the road about 600 meters or so you will come upon the temple gate as the road makes a 90 degree turn to the left.

Thanks for the directions. I went and had a look so I know where it is now.

I'll be there at 10am tomorrow.

Sorry for the late reply and the crapy MsPaint image, but here is Wat Umong with a big sign in front of the main entrance (at the turn)
umong.JPG

My bike wont start as the battery is flat..... Started it yesterday no problem, but flat this morning. Hope you don't wait too long for me.

Matt

No prob Matt. We should exchange numbers so we can contact each other for next time.

Today was the official retards go riding day (at least me) haha...

Started the day with Hassman almost giving up as his bike wouldn't start, he thought it would be a fuse or some electronic crap. Found out it was just the cable not plugged in correctly.

Half an hour later was my turn, my bike stalled for no reason and acted suspicious (bogging and backfiring a lot). After a few minutes it got harder to start until it wouldn't start at all. Hassman pushed me all the way to the main road where I called my mechanic.

He came, checked fuel (almost full tank), then fuel line, no fuel came out... put on reserve, fuel flowing. 2 kicks and it started easy peasy rode back to chiang mai no problems at all. Must have got some shit in the main gas tube (that's what I get for using gasohol 95 crap).

MastaMax said:
No prob Matt. We should exchange numbers so we can contact each other for next time.

He came, checked fuel (almost full tank), then fuel line, no fuel came out... put on reserve, fuel flowing. 2 kicks and it started easy peasy rode back to chiang mai no problems at all. Must have got some shit in the main gas tube (that's what I get for using gasohol 95 crap).

Max, have you a vent valve on top of your fuel cap like the one below or similar or is the standard Yamaha valve?

Tusk%20Billet%20Gas%20Cap.jpg

These valves can cause a fuel lock inside your tank. However re-reading your description your mechanic removed the cap which would have removed the lock and still no fuel! from the hose. So yes issue with fuel cock. However I do find this strange though as you have a pre filter inside the tank and this would take some doing to clog it up. See below picture of what the fuel cock looks like inside.

You'll notice how its deformed, this was a direct result of the vent valve causing a lock. Too much sucky sucky :lol:

web.jpg

A lot of the off-road / enduro riders in Vientiane have a towing loop permanently installed on the front of their bikes. Flat batteries in greasy clay is not the place for bump starting, makes a lot of sense when you're out in the sticks, makes it easy to get the bile somewhere or effortlessly bump start it.

KTMphil said:
A lot of the off-road / enduro riders in Vientiane have a towing loop permanently installed on the front of their bikes. Flat batteries in greasy clay is not the place for bump starting, makes a lot of sense when you're out in the sticks, makes it easy to get the bile somewhere or effortlessly bump start it.

KTM owners permanently fit it to the front. Yamaha riders fit it to the rear incase the KTM rider forgets to fit it :phil

Johnny, this one is for you:
Like.jpg

I used to tow my mate on his blinged up CRF 450 out of the woods with my rusty and trusty old TTR 250... always carried a tie down strap with us just in case he needed a tow...

Alex thanks for a great ride!! I enjoyed myself a lot and feel quite beat up today, I guess I needed that...

Cheers
Hassman

Oh and I forgot, if you have the old type of handlebars with a crossbar bolted on to it then it is easy to just wrap the strap 2 turns around that and bring the loose end to your left handle and simply grab the strap and the handle grip as one, if things go wrong you simply release the grip slightly and the strap will slip off and you are free.

On the new type handlebars with no cross brace, well..... tough shit!

Cheers for the useful input Johnny, that's probably it. Where did you get the other tank cover? Did you find it here or ordered it?

trying to make a video, so here's part 1

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSAz6N1YSMo[/VIDEO]

here's part2, very much the same,but thats why I call it the river run
[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2u9dRNSQyE[/VIDEO]

thanks Hassman for the ride
and
MERRY XMAS everybody!!

Hassman said:
Oh and I forgot, if you have the old type of handlebars with a crossbar bolted on to it then it is easy to just wrap the strap 2 turns around that and bring the loose end to your left handle and simply grab the strap and the handle grip as one, if things go wrong you simply release the grip slightly and the strap will slip off and you are free.

On the new type handlebars with no cross brace, well..... tough shit!
Have personally done this and it works great. Opposite peg to peg and stand on the strap so you can let go if need be-

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z48q6PGwTMA[/VIDEO]

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
KTMphil N.O.B. Rides 6
KTMphil N.O.B. Rides 18
johnnysneds N.O.B. Rides 24
KTMphil N.O.B. Rides 24
M N.O.B. Rides 22
Back
Top Bottom