Mountain twisties - uphill or downhill more fun?

KTMphil

Bikes
2007 KTM 990 Adventure Suzuki DRZ 400
After planning some new riding routes & discussing them, I was surprised to hear that some people enjoy riding downhill MORE than riding uphill in mountain twisties. Personally, riding downhill in twisties does nothing for me, maybe the occasional thrill of seeing the road winding down the mountain ahead but that's it. If your pushing it downhill, there's less margin for error in heavy braking with the added gravity push from descending. Riding up hill with a bike with lots of grunt is twisty roads I find is an experience hard to beat. Anyone else prefer downhill?

I have a tough time maximizing downhill cornering also.. Always more nervous, especially if theres any light greasyness etc.

Darryl was saying to brake harder earlier and get on the gas earlier to ride through downhill corners more aggressively, and he sure keeps the pace up downhill, but its far less enjoyable for me than riding hard uphill.

I usually ride two up. I find that I have to squeeze very hard with my thighs against the fuel tank to ensure that my hands stay loose and relaxed. I find it much more tiring downhill than up.

Definitely uphill is more fun.,can usually wind the throttle up a few notches :)

Uphill.
This is what happens to me when gravity gets involved.

0j387MJ.jpg

YrmH0JO.jpg

For sure uphill I can be more on the throttle but
I also have found sometimes on long twisty downhills I sometimes get into a rhythm
& that can feel very rewarding too.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B General Discussion 0