MotoSpot. Riders Helping Riders around the world

An-tonio

Bikes
BMW G650X Challenge
Motorbike Spot Riders. Riders Helping Riders around the world

Hi all,

I would like to share with you anew project that is just starting.

I'm a rider that love travel on motorbike, off-road and on-road, and after a lot of years traveling I tought that it would be very useful a system to permit contact rapidly riders traveling when they are in trouble or need something with other riders that are not traveling and they are at home. I thought in a solidarity system, "riders helping riders around the world".

I created Motorbike Spot Riders. Riders helping riders around the world with this in mind. Basically you can send a spot and an email will be send to all riders 50 miles around you. For this to work it's necesary that there is registered users near your spot (50miles). This is why I share this project with you, it need riders! To send spota you can use the website, a findmespot device or a sms to a special number.

I want it to be a free project now and forever, without third party publicity (aka adsense, etc) and without any paid service for riders nor any unethical way to get money.

My English is not so good (as you can read) but I do my best effort. I've done the website in English, I think it's the most universal language for travelers but sure I made a lot of mistakes so any help in this aspect is welcome.

I hope you love the idea and your feedback is important to improve spot-riders.com. You can read more in spot-riders.com website. I have a lot ideas to implement to improve it...

Motorbike Spot Riders. Riders helping riders around the world

Await your opinions, Thanks!

I like the idea and your web site is very good for a non English speaker well done. The idea of being able to send of a distress message or advice on a riders location to other riders would work, but as you say you need MANY riders to sign up in order for the system to work, i am not familiar with the Spot Device, but i assume a SMS message would be sent out to any members mobile in a similar way to app's such as Line or Whatsapp group messaging in the radius you mentioned.

Good luck.

I've never bought a Spot here as when you press the help button, I don't think SE Asia Search-And-Rescue is set up for this and no one will come looking for you.

I would increase the member notification message range to 500km, any member/ user would like to know there is someone out there in trouble and can maybe get them help from a non Spot user who is nearby.

I've never bought a Spot here as when you press the help button, I don't think SE Asia Search-And-Rescue is set up for this and no one will come looking for you.

I would increase the member notification message range to 500km, any member/ user would like to know there is someone out there in trouble and can maybe get them help from a non Spot user who is nearby.
Actually according to findmespot.com SPOT is setup for coverage and rescues in SE Asia. Spot does have a particular setup that notifies the people "you list" for "non emergencies" to be notified at the push of a button. However it can never hurt to have multiple "help organizations" at your disposal. I like the idea and would be happy to participate

I wouldn't want to put the SE Asia rescuers to the test in deepest Laos or Cambodia when I've snapped my leg, would you? Which is where you would only probably press the button, near villages quicker to use their network in an emergency. How long would you wait for before you had convinced yourself no one was coming?

Best to go to the spot site and DYODD

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

thank for your comments...

first, clarify my site don't have any relation with findmespot. I only give the option to use it if you have one (I own one), as an extra, very useful to send a spot on spot-riders.com if you don't have internet access. Now a user have requested me to link with "Delorme InReach" devices, another "geolotation's" business. It's good to have options.

Reading your thoughts and others forums I think I'm going to increase the advise range to 200kms as it can be used not only for an urgent need, also for request information, tent space, mechanical support, etc...

The problem for now is that notifications for new spots on spot-riders are done via email to users. Next step I plan is to send notifications via sms but it cost money and for the moment I don't have enought support to do it although it's technically easy to implement.

For the moment I have inverted the donated money to buy a mobile number (in sweden) for receive sms globally, sorry for international cost for senders out sweden :) but I think it's not too much. This manner if you don't have a findmespot device and don't have internet connection you can use normal gsm network (if you have coverage) to send a spot: Create New Spots with SMS, Internet not need

Back
Top Bottom