More riding disappearing in Laos

KTMphil

Bikes
2007 KTM 990 Adventure Suzuki DRZ 400
More riding disappearing in Laos

Steve Mercer, who worked for one of the big mines in Laos just sent this article he found to me

dam article photo.jpg

Click on the image below to enlarge it
dam article.jpg

Re: Xayaboury Dam

Last week went for a quick visit to the Xayaboury dam site. At present all the construction equipment is located at the camps. Mark Rossi, who came from the other side of the river and rode through the construction camps counted some 70 brand-new excavators parked at one of the camps. So at this point in time it seems that the final OK for the start of the dam construction has not yet been given. However, they are busy building the resettlement villages near Xayaboury and I expect that construction will proceed in due course.

Re: Xayaboury Dam

That reminds me, Mark sent me a couple of photo's of the Xayaboury Dam project from 8 days ago that I don't think he'll mind me posting

mark Hydro dam 1.JPG
Photo Copyright: Mark Rossi

mark hydro dam 2.JPG
Photo Copyright: Mark Rossi

Lone Rider said:
Last week went for a quick visit to the Xayaboury dam site. At present all the construction equipment is located at the camps. Mark Rossi, who came from the other side of the river and rode through the construction camps counted some 70 brand-new excavators parked at one of the camps. So at this point in time it seems that the final OK for the start of the dam construction has not yet been given. However, they are busy building the resettlement villages near Xayaboury and I expect that construction will proceed in due course.

Auke, I was reminded by Monica at Jumbo guest house in Hongsa that is was a possibility, the workers had a day off as it was a Thai constrution company working on the site and this day was the King's B'day.

Back
Top Bottom