Matching Suzuki DRZ400 levers in Asia

KTMphil

Bikes
2007 KTM 990 Adventure Suzuki DRZ 400
Matching Suzuki DRZ400 levers in Asia

Need to replace some levers on your Suzuki DRZ400 and don't want to pay the shipping from Singapore?

I had heard rumors that Kawasaki KLX 140 levers would match the Suzuki DRZ400. It looks like they do, I just bought a Kawasaki KLX 140 clutch lever and the pivot radius's and holes all seem to match. The fixing/ bolt-on hole casting looks like its about 1mm thicker, this may need grinding down.

Kawasaki part number for the clutch lever is: 46092-0026

Cost 180 Thai Baht

Interesting I wonder if the Yamaha ones are similar. I was just about to order a set from eBay but will investigate this further, even if they require a wee bit of fabricating it's alot handier getting them locally. Thanks for the info.

There are lots of items that are locally available that at first thought you may not think will be suitable.

Oil filters -take your filter to the local Yamaha, Suzuki or other step through bike dealer and get a match, Suzuki DRZ for example uses the same filter as many of the small Suzuki bikes -about 70 Baht for an original Suzuki filter.

Levers as mentioned.

Wheel bearings and other bearings are simply speaking just bearings... go to a good hardware store and get them matched.

Fork seals and also wheel hub axle seals can be matched in any decent hydraulic store, a fork seal will set you back maybe 70-100 Baht each.

Brake pads for Nissin brakes (most Jap bikes use Nissin brakes) can be matched in a step through accessory shop, my old Yamaha 250 used Suzuki Akira rear brake pads at the front...

Many of the electrical items are the same or similar enough to be used.

Eric

Erictheviking said:
There are lots of items that are locally available that at first thought you may not think will be suitable.

Oil filters -take your filter to the local Yamaha, Suzuki or other step through bike dealer and get a match, Suzuki DRZ for example uses the same filter as many of the small Suzuki bikes -about 70 Baht for an original Suzuki filter.

Levers as mentioned.

Wheel bearings and other bearings are simply speaking just bearings... go to a good hardware store and get them matched.

Fork seals and also wheel hub axle seals can be matched in any decent hydraulic store, a fork seal will set you back maybe 70-100 Baht each.

Brake pads for Nissin brakes (most Jap bikes use Nissin brakes) can be matched in a step through accessory shop, my old Yamaha 250 used Suzuki Akira rear brake pads at the front...

Many of the electrical items are the same or similar enough to be used.

Eric

Eric - i've hunted for a brake pad match here for the DRZ, can't find one, even Nair from the CNX MX shop gets them sent from somewhere, if you know of a brand and part number would be very useful and save a lot of $$.

The rear has a local match (but I don't remember which one it is, will check when I am back in town), the front does not have a match as far as I know.

Erictheviking said:
The rear has a local match (but I don't remember which one it is, will check when I am back in town), the front does not have a match as far as I know.

Even a match for the rear would be great, thanks eric

In Cambodia I can buy front pads for my DRZ for $2 a set or $2.50

They are around 1mm too thick so I just buy a sheet of coarse emery paper, put it on a flat surface, and rub the pads down in a figure 8 motion.

Don't know the brand but suspect they're made in Thailand or China

bill said:

They are around 1mm too thick so I just buy a sheet of coarse emery paper, put it on a flat surface, and rub the pads down in a figure 8 motion.

Bill - if you have the brand and part number it would be interesting for us here in Thailand.

KTMphil said:
bill said:

Bill - if you have the brand and part number it would be interesting for us here in Thailand.

Phil
I will check it out for you.

Should be noted my bike is the S model.
I don't know if the SM front pads are the same.
The OEM part numbers and prices are different for the S vs SM front pads, however the EBC part numbers are the same for S and SM.

Phil
The front brake pads I buy in Cambodia for my DRZ400S are OOH brand made in Thailand.

They cost $3 per set here.

I believe they're actually for the XR250's

You need to take around 1mm thickness off each pad for them to fit the DRZ.

There's also another brand from China for $2.50 per set

Following pics of OOH brand.

20062011325.jpg

20062011324.jpg

20062011327.jpg

What a name to call brake pads. I hope its not because you go "ooh" when you try and brake! :lol:

bill said:
KTMphil said:
bill said:

Phil
I will check it out for you.

Should be noted my bike is the S model.
I don't know if the SM front pads are the same.
The OEM part numbers and prices are different for the S vs SM front pads, however the EBC part numbers are the same for S and SM.

To the best of my knowledge the S and SM are using different front pads, I used to have an E (same brakes as the S) and it had a locally available pad set but the SM does not.

Back
Top Bottom